Runs With Needles: Progress and a contest

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Progress and a contest

I took today (well, actually yesterday since it's so late) off of work so I could work on unpacking. After much procrastination, I made a lot of progress.

Part of that progress was a full inventory of my yarn stash. I got a bit carried away. I even made up a detailed Excel spreadsheet. This is something I never thought I would do. But, since I live in a small house, I have to know exactly where everything is located. Storage space is at a premium around here.

Now, here comes the contest.* How many skeins of yarn do I have? Here's the stash:

Yarn stash under bed


Yarn Stash in closet


I counted skeins in 1/4 skein increments, so fractions are possible.

This includes my stash of Warm The World yarn.

Whoever is closest (without going over â„¢Bob Barker), wins a prize (identity of the prize is still unknown).

Contest ends March 15, 2006.

Cute dog pics ahead!

Max and Kish

Max and frog






* I haven't forgotten about my last contest. The list of entries for that contest is still packed. Somewhere.

Bedroom before

As soon as they're located, I'll draw for those winners.

6 comment(s):

Ooh, I get to guess first. Those sure look like large tubs for your Warm the World stuff ... but then they could be filled with really large skeins of yarn, thus bringing the count down. I'm going to guess 186 and 3/4

Good luck unpacking!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 7:54 AM  

455

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 9:35 AM  

217? I'm a frog person and Samantha/Max's frog is adorable!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 2:17 PM  

Puppy pics are, as always, adorable!

Uh...can I enhance your stash? Do you want some more yarn for Warm the World?

Just let me know. I'm in the process of organizing my stash, and I'm finding all sorts of stuff. . .

(Doncha' like my sneaky way of trying to reduce my stash by increasing yours?)

I have to think a bit, before I guess!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 5:30 PM  

I'm glad you're back! And with a contest! What a nice way to return. Let me guess, 210 skeins?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 5:35 PM  

I'd like to guess 301 1/4.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 09, 2006 1:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home