Runs With Needles: Like a bad fungus.......

Runs With Needles

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Like a bad fungus.......

......I have returned.

Wow. I've been gone for over 2 months. It seems like a lifetime. I've got a brand new Dell laptop and I'm ready to blog again!

Let's get caught up, shall we? Since we last met, I've been laid off from my job (effective in August), found a rental house, moved into that house, fallen in love*, and am in the process of selling my old house.

Sadly, knitting has been sorely neglected. It's embarassing, really. I don't even have any cool pictures. I just found my camera a couple of nights ago. (I've been moved for almost two months and am not unpacked yet.)

So, let's start off slowly, with Friday’s Feast.

Appetizer
Choose one: moving to another state, having triplets, or never being able to eat chocolate again.
Moving to another state. I've done that and it's actually a lot of fun!

Soup
Name a news story that truly shocked you.

It's pretty hard to shock me. At the risk of sounding cliche, I'd have to say 9/11. I was flying to visit my parents in Michigan that day. My brother met me in Chicago (where I had a layover) and told me what had happened. It wasn't until several hours later, when I saw the footage, that I was finally able to get my head around what had happened.

Salad
What was your very first job?

Picking cherries the summer that I was 14. I made $5 a lug and those damn lugs are big! The job sucked and I think it has something to do with my dislike of cherries.

Main Course
If you had the chance to read the diary of someone you're really close to, would you? Why or why not?

Absolutely not. If it's someone that I'm really close to, I assume that I already know a lot about that person. Why on earth would I violate that person's trust just to be nosy?

Dessert
What's something you're looking forward to?

The weekend.

So that was really trite. I'll be serious.

:: thinking ::

I'm looking forward to the day I finally meet my nephew. I was going to fly to Atlanta in March for a long weekend, but my impending layoff has put those plans on hold.


* Okay, so I've fallen in love with Tivo. But it's a love like I've never known before! In fact, just the other night, I gazed at my Tivo and screamed, "I wish I knew how to quit you!"

8 comment(s):

hey there! if i had tivo, i'd fall in love with it too (and would be watching WAY too much TV than i do now) ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 1:36 AM  

Tivo makes TV actually watchable. And there's always something on that I can watch while knitting! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 7:35 AM  

Welcome back! I don't dare get tivo, because I'm sure I'd have the same reaction, and Terry might get jealous ;) Hope that things settle down for you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 9:47 AM  

Yeah, you're back! I don't watch TV, so don't have Tivo. I do like to watch DVDs, but my DVD player is on the fritz right now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 12:59 PM  

Welcome Back Kathy!! Missed you!!

Amanda :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 3:02 PM  

Hello Kathy --

I just found you by pushing off from Ruthknits' weblog. I also live in Colorado, so I am curious how far you are from me. We are also trying to sell our house, and I'd like to compare notes about the (hideous) process.

I am at niwotknits.blogspot.com.
I like your cables very much.

Christine

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2006 7:39 PM  

Yeah!!! The Girl is back!! Now I can stalk your blog again!! hehe

mj

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 25, 2006 10:45 PM  

It's so great to have you back!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 27, 2006 11:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home