Runs With Needles: Gobble, gobble

Runs With Needles

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gobble, gobble

I was going to skip posting a Thanksgiving themed post today. It's not that I'm not grateful, it's just that I read so many of those posts today and didn't feel like adding my own to the mix.

Until I read this one.

Jesse's post really struck a chord with me. I read his post a few hours ago and I can't stop thinking about it. It's not his words that has stuck with me. It's his attitude.

I really needed an attitude adjustment. Thank you, Jesse, for pointing me in the right direction.

After thinking about what I'm grateful for (beyond the obvious things of family, friends and health), I've come up with something quite unexpected.

I'm grateful for my divorce.

My divorce led me to take up knitting again.

Knitting led me to knitblogging.

Knitblogging led me to Felicia.

Felicia led me to knit group.

Meeting this group of people has enriched my life beyond anything I expected or even dreamed about. They're more than a knit group. They're my friends.

And for that, I am thankful.

3 comment(s):

I love you too!!!

It is good to remind ourselves that we are thankful, especially for the small things that can grow into big things!!!

I am thankful that Jr is back in my life!! Even if she is teenager!!

MJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2005 7:51 AM  

Aww that's real sweet :)
I think I am thankful each and every day when I am able to pick up my needles!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 25, 2005 8:11 AM  

Your post is very inspiring. I often have to remind myself of the small things.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 28, 2005 5:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home