Runs With Needles: I'm a purling fool.

Runs With Needles

Sunday, February 27, 2005

I'm a purling fool.

My knitting yesterday consisted of practicing my newly learned purl stitch. I practiced stockinette, ribbing and seed stitch. (Does the seed stitch look right?)




I didn't get as much practice done last night as I thought I would, because I was engrossed in Oklahoma. I had no clue that Hugh Jackman could sing! He has a fantastic voice.

Speaking of movies, I am going to knit and watch the Oscars tonight. I entered the Oscar contest in the local newspaper, so I need to keep track of how I'm doing. I'm also rooting for Kate Winslet to win Best Actress for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I absolutely LOVED this movie and was disappointed when it did not receive more nominations. (It's also up for best original screenplay)

I've spent most of today on the computer. I added a lot more blogs to my sidebar by using bloglines. I love bloglines!! It makes it soooo much easier to keep track of all the blogs I read.

Also today I've been downloading free knitting patterns and I now have about 10 more projects I want to knit. Help me. I am a woman obsessed.

2 comment(s):

Hey! The purling looks WONDERFUL! Don't you feel like you're on top of the world? :-)

As for the seed stitch, I'm not sure because I can't see it, but if you're concerned about it looking right, here's an example...
If you have 5 stitches cast on row 1 should look like this:
K, P, K, P, K
Row 2 should look the opposite:
P, K, P, K, P

Good luck with it. I LOVE the seed stitch! :-) Makes great borders on blankets! :-)

Melanie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 12:03 PM  

Seed stitch is also useful to prevend edges from rolling up. I hope your home repairs are going all right.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 4:37 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home