Runs With Needles: Another year older and a whole lot wiser.

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Another year older and a whole lot wiser.

I did not knit as much as I expected to today. I slept in and then spent much of the day goofing off. I finally pulled out the knitting in the early evening.

Tonight I worked on the purple blanket.

The more I knit this blanket, the more I love it. The pattern just looks better and better as each row is completed. I will definitely use this pattern again. I'm even considering knitting a very large blanket for myself with this pattern. I don't know if I have the patience for that, though!

Also, tonight, I frogged my Mindless project.

I decided I wanted to use the needles for something else. I have a couple of new blanket designs clattering around in my brain, and I'm just waiting for that key moment of inspiration where I know exactly what I want to knit.

I should have named this blog "Knits Only Blankets". I spent a far amout of time today surfing other knitting blogs. The various projects inspire me and make me want to knit sweaters, mittens, socks, etc. etc. However, when I step back, it makes no sense. As I said earlier, no one I know wears sweaters. I have quite a sweater collection from my days living in The Great White North, but I haven't worn a sweater in years. I also own tons of mittens, so no need for those. I do want to learn to knit socks, but am not feeling the urge to do it just yet.

So, for now, I will remain The Blanket Queen. :)

Speaking of blankets, here is J's finished blanket:

What: Baby blanket for J
Yarn: Three skeins of Red Heart Baby Clouds in color Pastels
Needles: #17, circular
Lessons Learned: Untwist circs before using them!

To answer Pioggia's question about what the new red and blue yarn will become: why, a blanket, of course! :) I'm visualing something in narrow stripes. And thank you, Pioggia, for the tip on washing it. I do appreciate it.

An unfortunate incident occured this evening. The dogs were playing in the house (which looks like this):

and one of them collided with a floor lamp and knocked it over. Who knew a floor lamp could crash/explode in such a spectacular fashion? It sent all three dogs scurrying to various far flung rooms of the house. Hmpf. And they call themselves watch dogs.....

Please note: no dogs are ever harmed when I speak of dog playing/fighting. :) The Shepherds get quite rambunctious, but there is rarely an injury. The Husky is the smart one: she stays out of the way and barks the commentary. ("And Sam is in with a bite to the left paw, Max goes down, but not without a fight!")

Until next time, keep the needles clicking!

3 comment(s):

Kathy,

I really like your blog. It has such a homey feel to it like being wrapped in a blanket on a cold winter's day...hmmm think there is a connection? :)

I think the purple blanket is just beautiful. I also think the colors for J's blanket are so serene. I will have to make something out of that yarn in the future.

But as you say, "How many projects can one have?" So I will finish my camo top and heart blanket first. :)

Have a great day.

Ruinwen
http://vixenpath.blogspot.com
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 16, 2005 9:39 AM  

That will be a nice warm blanket. As for knitting stuff you don't really need, I know the feeling... I have no need for wool sweaters or jacket here in North Carolina. And even if there's new things to try, if you're not excited about them there's no point.

Your dog story made me laugh a lot. It seems to me that females tend to bark a lot and let males do the growling and biting when they're playing. Are the Shepherds male?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 16, 2005 3:12 PM  

Hey Kathy!
That purple blanket looks better and better everytime I see it. How are you doing it? Pattern?
Melanie
P.S. As to our past comments about Lynette from Desperate Housewives... I've begun feeling like her this week! ;-) Is it time for another week to start yet!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 16, 2005 7:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home