Runs With Needles: Reflection

Runs With Needles

Monday, July 24, 2006

Reflection

I was fiddling with the blog today and noticed that I've made 202 posts. 202! How on earth did I manage that?

Shortly after I took up knitting again back in the Fall of 2004, I discovered knitting blogs and was hooked. This led to starting this blog a few months later.

I started this blog for myself, to record the details of my knitting projects.

I never expected that anyone would read this blog and I expected to lose interest in it quickly.

Fast forward 17 months and I was wrong on both accounts:

I have a handful of regular readers and I haven't lost interest in posting. This blog has become a valuble resource for me. I often refer to old posts to see what yarn, needle size, etc. that I used on a particular project.

This blog has also led me to wonderful people I have 'met' in this always entertaining world of knit blogging. Reading other blogs inspires me, makes me smile and often makes me think about life and the world a little differently.

All this rambling is leading to something. I promise.

My blogging has become more interactive than I ever expected. After almost 18 months, I'm feeling a bit repetitive, a bit predictable. At times, I'm bored with myself.

So, I ask you, the readers of this blog, these questions:

What do you like about my blog? What do you dislike?

What do you enjoy seeing? Is there anything you never want to see again? Is there anything you want to see, but haven't?

Thank you for indulging my narcissistic request. I look forward to your responses.

4 comment(s):

Well, I'm always surfing around and read a lot of blogs. So if there's no knitting to be seen (or cute pets), I'll be on to the next knitting blog. Sometimes I'll read a story but most often not. I like to see what other's are working on, their progress and their remarks. It can help choosing the next project and avoid making stupid mistakes and safe time. But that's just me. Love you Log Cabin!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 24, 2006 10:40 PM  

I like reading about your current knitting projects, especially what appeals or you're learning - the process of knitting. Photos are always great - dogs, sky or yarn, it's all good.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 25, 2006 8:56 AM  

I'm just getting 'round to checking in on you all! I LOVE your Log Cabins! I have an idea pecolating in the back of my mind for a LC throw using the merino we picked up at Rock Ledge.

My only comment in regards to the questions would be I enjoy seeing regular posts----I get lonely for you when you're away too long :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 25, 2006 10:39 AM  

I love your photos...whatever the content - but ESPECIALLY the scenery! (ok...the puppies and the knitting, too)
And I, too, would mention that frequency is important in blogging, a least to this reader!
(((hugs)))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 25, 2006 12:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home