Runs With Needles: "The summer night is like a perfection of thought." - -- Wallace Stevens

Runs With Needles

Saturday, July 22, 2006

"The summer night is like a perfection of thought." - -- Wallace Stevens

There's a cool breeze wafting in through the window; I'm listening to podcasts, surfing the web and Samantha is sleeping with her head on my feet. Does life get any better than this?

Today started with knit group and this morning we met downtown. That's where I took my Saturday Sky picture:

Morning sky

At group this morning, Blogless MJ finally finished binding off her shawl. She has over 1200 stitches and was doing an i-cord bind off. It took her over a week to do the bind off, but it was worth it:

MJ FO

The picture doesn't do it justice. This shawl is absolutely gorgeous.

I worked on the Log Cabin Blanket this morning:

Log Cabin Blanket

While knitting this morning, a minor tragedy occured:

broken cable

Yes, that is a Denise needle cable that snapped. After a bit lot of cursing, Blogless MJ lent me a needle so I could continue. Thank you, MJ!!

I've also been knitting on a new project:

Log Cabin #2!

Yes, the obsession continues. Right now, Log Cabin #2 looks very similar to the original. It's not, though. It's going to be totally different.

For both of these blankets, I'm picking the color sequence by using the random number generator. I may eventually plan out a color pattern for a Log Cabin Blanket, but for now I'm enjoying the random method.

I'll leave you with tonight's sunset:

Sunset

4 comment(s):

Great sky pictures! The shawl is beautiful and I love you log cabins. I will have try one of those soon. Right now I'm working on the Mason/Dixon mitred square blanket.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2006 7:15 AM  

Love the sky pictures. MJ's Shawl looks fantastic, I love the color, how very Fall. You log cabin is coming out great.

Amanda :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2006 9:34 AM  

Are you using the same yarn for the second log cabin?

Nice sky pictures. Yesterday was a beautiful day.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2006 11:12 AM  

Gorgeous sky pictures, and both blankets are looking great. So how large is the first one by now? (It's hard to guess scale from that pic!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2006 8:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home