Runs With Needles: It's hopeless.

Runs With Needles

Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's hopeless.

With apologies to the late Robert Palmer .........

The lights are on, and I'm at home
My mind is not my own
My heart sweats, my body shakes
Another row is what it takes
I can't sleep, I can't eat
There's no doubt, I'm in deep
My throat is tight, I can't breathe
Another row is all I need

Whoa, I like to think that I'm immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say I can't get enough
I know I'm gonna have to face it, I'm addicted to this......


Log Cabin Blanket

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I love this blanket! It's so much fun!

Kirsti hit the nail on the head with this comment: "... and I can understand the addiction - just one more strip, right?"

That's exactly it. Every night I just can't go to bed until I finish a log and start the next one. I'm doing the colors randomly and I just have to see what the next color will be before I can get any sleep.

This blanket is perfect TV knitting. I love knitting socks, but they require a bit more attention than this project. I've been getting caught up on some documentries and old movies I have on Tivo.

I'm also planning my next log cabin blanket in my head.

If I could knit socks with one hand and knit a log cabin with the other hand, my life would be perfect.

2 comment(s):

Long time lurker here...

I am in *love* with the log cabin blanket! Is there a pattern or is this something I could wing? (Making things as I go along is my style!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 14, 2006 7:01 AM  

That's exactly it! "Just one more strip ..." I love it! Your LC blanket looks fantastic. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 14, 2006 7:48 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home