Runs With Needles: Slow and steady.

Runs With Needles

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Slow and steady.

The second sock is coming along slowly. Here it is, posing with Almanzo Wilder:

sock


There was a brief break in the heat wave tonight so I took advantage of it and cooked up a bunch of food:

yummy

There's a loaf of cheese bread, scalloped potatoes, fake fried chicken and lemon-lime-garlic-horseradish chicken. This will get me into next week. Yay! No cooking all weekend!


Max has been enjoying the new swamp cooler:

Max


And so has Sam:

Sam


Parker refused to pose for the camera. Instead, he tried to head butt it:

Parker


I found this meme over at Kaffeinated Knits and it looked like fun:

Ode To Senior Year:

1. Who was your best friend?: Kristi, who I lost contact with about 14 years ago. We briefly reconnected via email a few years ago, but it just wasn't the same and we drifted apart again.

2. What sports did you play?: Yeah, right. I wasn't involved in sports at school, but skied several times a week during the winter.

3. What kind of car did you drive?: A red Toyota Tercel Corolla. This car was a hoot: in the winter it would freeze shut and I would have to climb in through the trunk. Winters are long in Michigan, so I would do the trunk dance for about five months out of the year. I didn't care, though. I was just so happy to have a car!

4. It's Friday night, where were you?: With my boyfriend.

5. Were you a party animal?: Not even close.

6. Were you considered a flirt?:
Again, not even close.

7. Ever skip school?: Not even an hour. Yes, I was a good girl.

8. Ever smoke?: Not even a puff.

9. Were you a nerd?:
I guess you could call it that. I was more like the girl who never, ever spoke in class.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?: No, although I did get kicked out of the National Honor Society.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?: I'm assuming "Alma Mater" means the fight song and yes, I still can.

12. Who was your favorite teacher?:
I don't think I had one. I can't remember one that stands out.

13. Favorite Class?: Math

14. What was your school's full name? Traverse City Senior High School, now called TC Central High School.

15. School Mascot?: Trojan. Yes, I've heard all the jokes.

16. Did you go to Prom?: Yes.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?: Hell, no. Not for all the sock yarn in the world.

18. What do you remember most about graduation?: That it was long, very long (I had over 700 kids in my class).

19. Favorite memory of your senior year?: Spring break with Kristi in the U.P. Say ya to da UP, eh?

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?: I have no idea what this means.

21. Did you have a job your senior year?: Yes, I was a line cook at a diner.

22. Who did you date?:
My ex-husband.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?:
Home. (I lived a block away.)

24. Have you gained weight since then?:
Oh my god, yes.

25. What did you do after graduation? : Two years of community college followed by two years of university.

26. When did you graduate?:
1990

4 comment(s):

MATH was your favorite subject?! =O

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2006 1:22 AM  

Could you email me details about that swamp cooler? I'm getting interested in it and I think you want to keep yours. :) (I'd ask you tomorrow, but I don't think I'll have a chance to get to knit group.)

Math was my favorite subject, too, though in my case, it tied with Biology.

My school mascot was also a Trojan. It actually seems like a common mascot.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2006 8:54 AM  

Wait... it's MANLY!!!!! I used to loooooove Little House!! (Mary bugged me, though.)

Wasn't that a fun meme? I have been thinking about HS all week!! (Oy! the hair!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2006 12:55 PM  

LOVE Parker's head-bump shot!!!
(((hugs)))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 13, 2006 10:56 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home