Slow and steady.The second sock is coming along slowly. Here it is, posing with Almanzo Wilder:
There was a brief break in the heat wave tonight so I took advantage of it and cooked up a bunch of food:
There's a loaf of cheese bread, scalloped potatoes, fake fried chicken and lemon-lime-garlic-horseradish chicken. This will get me into next week. Yay! No cooking all weekend!
Max has been enjoying the new swamp cooler:
And so has Sam:
Parker refused to pose for the camera. Instead, he tried to head butt it:
I found this meme over at Kaffeinated Knits and it looked like fun:
Ode To Senior Year:
1. Who was your best friend?: Kristi, who I lost contact with about 14 years ago. We briefly reconnected via email a few years ago, but it just wasn't the same and we drifted apart again.
2. What sports did you play?: Yeah, right. I wasn't involved in sports at school, but skied several times a week during the winter.
3. What kind of car did you drive?: A red Toyota Tercel Corolla. This car was a hoot: in the winter it would freeze shut and I would have to climb in through the trunk. Winters are long in Michigan, so I would do the trunk dance for about five months out of the year. I didn't care, though. I was just so happy to have a car!
4. It's Friday night, where were you?: With my boyfriend.
5. Were you a party animal?: Not even close.
6. Were you considered a flirt?: Again, not even close.
7. Ever skip school?: Not even an hour. Yes, I was a good girl.
8. Ever smoke?: Not even a puff.
9. Were you a nerd?: I guess you could call it that. I was more like the girl who never, ever spoke in class.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled?: No, although I did get kicked out of the National Honor Society.
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?: I'm assuming "Alma Mater" means the fight song and yes, I still can.
12. Who was your favorite teacher?: I don't think I had one. I can't remember one that stands out.
13. Favorite Class?: Math
14. What was your school's full name? Traverse City Senior High School, now called TC Central High School.
15. School Mascot?: Trojan. Yes, I've heard all the jokes.
16. Did you go to Prom?: Yes.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?: Hell, no. Not for all the sock yarn in the world.
18. What do you remember most about graduation?: That it was long, very long (I had over 700 kids in my class).
19. Favorite memory of your senior year?: Spring break with Kristi in the U.P. Say ya to da UP, eh?
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?: I have no idea what this means.
21. Did you have a job your senior year?: Yes, I was a line cook at a diner.
22. Who did you date?: My ex-husband.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch?: Home. (I lived a block away.)
24. Have you gained weight since then?: Oh my god, yes.
25. What did you do after graduation? : Two years of community college followed by two years of university.
26. When did you graduate?: 1990