Runs With Needles: What do you think?

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What do you think?

Is it too soon for this?

I'm not talking about the 'right' anyone has to make these types of movies. This is America. They can make any darn movie they want to make.

What's your personal feeling? Will you be seeing this movie?

For me, it's way too soon.

I'm a big fan of historical type movies (Escape From Sobibor is one of my favorite movies.) I also loved Schindler's List and found Pearl Harbor enjoyable.

I think the difference is that I don't have memories of those events. To me, they're historical events.

However, it's not even five years since 9/11. I can't understand a movie about that day. I remember every second of that day (probably because I was on a plane, flying across the country) and don't care to see it on the big screen.

Is it just me? Or are there people out there planning on going to see the movie?

7 comment(s):

Yeah, I'm so there with you on the 9/11 movie. I think there needs to be a lot more time before something like this should be attempted.

btw, I loved Escape from Sobibor, too. Up until now, the only other person I'd know that had actually seen the movie was my brother, and that was because we watched it together.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 29, 2006 8:31 PM  

I wouldn't go and see it. No matter how much they may talk about donating money to a memorial charity or whatever. It seems exploitative, especially when you consider that they probably started writing and filming it at least 2 or 3 years ago.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 9:03 AM  

It is too soon and no I would never see it - not even for free on TV.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 11:54 AM  

Nope - I like to go to the movies to escape. I won't be seeing it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 12:52 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog - my dogs are geratric so a bit more cooperative than when they were kids - trust me, a few years ago those clogs would be a fierce game of tug of war. By the way - your kids are gorgeous - love the pic of your pup and sock in progress.

I agree - WAAAY to soon for a movie like that - not in our lifetime is my feeling.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 2:42 PM  

Not me. I stay away from mainstream hollywood to begin with, but I also feel that it's to soon for a movie like this. Love your sock, by the way. Good luck with the toe and heel.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 8:17 PM  

It's way too soon, and desperately crass of them to even think of making it at this time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 11, 2006 5:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home