Runs With Needles: Fire, knitting and the furry beasts.

Runs With Needles

Monday, April 17, 2006

Fire, knitting and the furry beasts.

In most parts of the country, April showers bring May flowers.

In Colorado, lack of showers brings wildfires. There were at least three wildfires burning around here today.

Here are some shots of what the sky looked like when I got home:
smoky skies to the east
smoky skies to the west


It looks cloudy, but that’s smoke.


My second cuff down sock is coming along nicely:
cuff down


And, Christy taught me toe up socks!
Toe up sock #1


I’m using yarn that Brie gave me. I love this yarn!

yarn from Brie


Also new on the needles is the Spring Blanket:
Spring Blanket


Most of my knitting these days is focused on squares for Grace:
Squares


I’m really enjoying making these quick little projects. I love experimenting with different yarns, needles sizes and patterns. These are all made out of cotton or wool yarn and size 7 or 8 needles. I’m using some patterns I’ve found on the web and making some up as I go along.

Tomorrow my knitting buddy Felicia is having surgery. If you have a minute, could you stop by and wish her well? Thank you.

I’ll end this post with some adorable (if I do say so myself) puppy pictures. Don’t you just love it when dogs sleep all cuddled up together?

Gorgeous Sam

entwined dog feet

Max sleeping on Kish

Kish hiding face by Max

Sheps again

6 comment(s):

Wow, the West. Seems waaaay too early for the fires to start.

(though I have to admit that ever-present hot smokejumpers make it a little more bearable). ;-)

The socks and the dogs look great - and I LOVE Grace.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2006 6:51 AM  

We have had a dry winter/spring up here in the mountains too, not nearly enough snow. We are worried about fires up here too.

Your socks are coming out great.

Maverick says hello to your stooges.

Amanda :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2006 7:53 AM  

Very pretty! I mean the socks, the squares and the doggies. The sky? Nasty! We should send you some of the heavy rains we've been having over here.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2006 5:03 PM  

Ohh... toe up -I like!! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2006 6:13 PM  

Fires like that scare me. Hopefully they are under control soon and you get some decent rain.

The squares for Grace look great, as does the sock. Your furry beasts don't look beastly at all. Too cute!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 20, 2006 7:17 AM  

Cool socks! Love that colorway...hmmm....more to add to the Knitpicks order - lololol!
We've been having fires like that, too. Dry dry dry - but today it's raining :)
(((hugs)))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 21, 2006 1:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home