Runs With Needles: A prize, a couple FO's and stash enhancement

Runs With Needles

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A prize, a couple FO's and stash enhancement

Here's the prize for the winner in the Guess My Stash contest:

crazy monkey contest yarn




Of course, I had to buy myself some Crazy Monkey yarn:

pinkgreen crazy monkey yarn


When I was computer-less, I felted the Fruit Loops bag:

Fruit Loops bag


What: Fruit Loops Bag
Yarn: 1 skein of Crazy Monkey yarn
Needles: I don't remember
Pattern: My own. It's i-cord that's then knitted.
Lesson Learned: I love this technique and will do another bag like this. (Only bigger!)
Destination: Me


Tonight, I finished my neck warmer:

finished neck warmer 030406


What: Neck warmer
Yarn: 1 skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Oxford Grey and 1 skein of Cascade 220 Superwash in color 802
Needles: Size 7
Pattern: My own
Lesson Learned: Next time I'll do it wider and not as long
Destination: Me!

me in neck warmer

The Pinwheel Blanket is coming along nicely:

pinwheel 030406



I'm hoping to cast this off during the Oscars. Blogless MJ made one of these and it took her a couple of hours to cast off. I figure Oscar-watching is the perfect time to do such a mind-numbing cast off.

5 comment(s):

Love the bright colors of your neck warmer! Your pin wheel blanket is really neat looking too! Good luck on that cast off!

Ruinwen
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 05, 2006 7:59 AM  

I love your footlopps bag, though I don't think I'd have the patience to knit all that icord. If I ever come across an icord thingy like your's I'll buy it in an instant.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 05, 2006 2:14 PM  

That bottom prize yarn looks like the color we were fighting over. :)

Your neckwarmer dimensions look odd, but the colors are nice.

I want to see the FL bag in person.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 07, 2006 12:42 PM  

Knitting with i-cord? What a neat idea - and the bag looks great. Wonderful wonderful yarn. *hopes that my guess was close enough!*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 07, 2006 2:26 PM  

You said Blogless MJ 2 days in a row!! This MJ person might get a complex!

hehe

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 07, 2006 5:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home