Runs With Needles: I keep a close watch on this heart of mine.

Runs With Needles

Sunday, November 20, 2005

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine.

Have you been thinking about going to see Walk The Line?

Stop thinking about it and go see it.

I went into the movie with guarded expectations. I expected the movie to gloss over Johnny's drug and alcohol problems and show a perfect romance with June. I was wrong on both accounts. The movie showed the early years of Johnny's life, warts and all.

The most pleasant surprise was the performances of Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. They didn't imitate Johnny and June, they truly became them.

This is a movie I look forward to adding to my DVD collection.

Why, what's that?

Luci's scarf


What: Luci's Scarf
Yarn: One skein of Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick in the color Terra Cotta
Needles: 11
Pattern: Garter stitch
Lesson Learned: Zippo
Destination: Luci

The story behind the project:

My co-worker, Luci, gave me this yarn. She said she bought it because she loved the color, but realized that she'd never learn to knit the scarf that she wanted to make with it. (Damn, is that a run on sentence or what?) I offered to teach her to knit, but she wasn't interested. She just wanted the yarn to go to someone who would enjoy it. So, I took the yarn home, knitting up this quick scarf and surprised her with it the next day!

The Green and Purple felted bag is finished:

Purple and green bag before felting


It's felted and is dry. I just have to attach the straps and I'll have FO pics.

And for my nags:

Check out our Frappr!


Needle drive

2 comment(s):

Lookin' good! :)

Did you go home and try the i-cord thing? I still think that's a cool idea for the froot loops yarn. I may have to steal that idea back for a future bag.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 20, 2005 4:21 PM  

I want to see a finished purple and green bag!! I WANT I WANT!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 20, 2005 5:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home