Runs With Needles: It's beginning to look a lot like............

Runs With Needles

Monday, October 10, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like............

.........Columbus Day?




Well, what do you know....the Weather Geeks were right. We got hammered and it's still snowing and blowing out there.

9:15pm update: The snow drift is now to the top of the dog jail in the above picture. I've lived here six years and the snow has never drifted this deep!

Unfortunately, my snow day was not as fun as I anticipated. I lost power at 10pm last night and it didn't come back on until 5pm today. So, I had no lights, no heat and no water. At 2pm today, it was 38 degrees in my house. I put all the blankets and comforters on my bed and spent the day snuggled under the covers, with the dogs lying all around me. We were warm and toasty! It was too cold to read or knit (the horror!) so I ended up dozing for most of the day.

Here's a pic of me in front of a snow drift outside my back door. The drift is up to my shoulder!

6 comment(s):

Gawd man. Did I mention that we came thisclose to moving to CO earlier this year?

63' here right this minute.

Don't hate me. ;)

And is this the first ever pic of you on your blog? !!!

ps - dog jail... too funny!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 10, 2005 9:47 PM  

Oh, wow... that's just scary. Glad you had the pups there to keep you warm.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 10, 2005 10:25 PM  

you have to be kidding me! that is is *worst*! I finally just got my mums in the ground last week and would cry a lot if that much snow fell today. Good luck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 11, 2005 5:52 AM  

Oh dear, you need a fireplace or a freestanding oven at least! Then you could knit or read :)
no coffee...that would kill me!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 11, 2005 6:39 AM  

The horror! Snow in October! I'm glad you managed to stay warm in spite of everything.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 11, 2005 9:48 AM  

Oh Kathy! I LOVE snow...and what a lot of it you've got...I'm on my way! (well...no, can't do that, really, but I wish I could!!!)
Enjoy while it lasts? Sorry you were without power..and yes, you're gonna hafta get a woodstove!
(((hugs)))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 14, 2005 6:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home