Runs With Needles: Long time, no blog.

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Long time, no blog.

And yes, I have an excuse. I've been a bit a lot testy bitchy from the lack of caffeine. The worst is behind me, though. The withdrawal headaches are just about gone and my mood has stablized. (Last week, I was ready to bitch slap anyone who ventured within 20 feet of me.)

I have cut my caffeine consumption by about 2/3. I'm not cutting it out completely (are you nuts?), but am drinking just a fraction of what I was two weeks ago. Thank you for all of your comments and emails in support and admiration of this. It is very much appreciated.

All of my nervous energy was tranferred to knitting!

Presenting...............................



What: My mom's shawl
Yarn: 3 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun in the color Williamsburg
Needles: 11
Pattern: The first half of the diagonal baby blanket
Lesson Learned: None
Destination: My mom. :)

This was a pretty fast knit. And it was mindless so it was perfect for DVD watching! It's already packaged up and will be in the mail to Michigan tomorrow.

My other projects are progressing, too. Here's my second sock:



I apologize for the blurry photo. I still have a touch of the shakes.

Here's the Touch of Red Blanket:



And introducing:



The blanket that is not yet named. I can't think of a name for this one. Anyone have any ideas? It's shades of pinks, purples and white. It's very pretty, but I'm stumped about a name.
Finally, I picked up a little something at a yard sale last Saturday:



Cost: $3.

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my best yard sale find ever. I wanted to jump up and down when I saw it, but I stayed cool. Until I got in my car. :)

"Lost" starts tomorrow. I just started watching it this summer and am hopelessly hooked. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a TV show.








7 comment(s):

Wow. Where can I find a yard sale like that? I'm really wanting a ball winder, especially as so much hand painted and sock yarn comes in hanks, not balls.

Nice progress on the blankets, and I'll have a think on a name for the new one. The colours you mentioned sound like flowers - morning glories, or foxgloves or something.

Anyway, good to see you posting again and congrats on the lack of caffeine!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 7:00 AM  

Congrats on your progress re: caffeine!

And, I am rather jealous of your yard sale find. I mean, I do have one of those myself, but I would've really liked to have paid what you paid. I buy stuff at yard sales, but I don't ever really find great deals like that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 7:27 AM  

Oh, I am so JEALOUS!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 8:37 AM  

Holy crap! That really is a score!! Lucky you!

Is the pink/white/purples blanket a baby blanket? I was thinking maybe "Wavy Baby"... or is that too cheesy? I do think Kristi's morning glory idea is a good one though... I love morning glories and the colors are perfect for that. Can't wait to hear what you decide to call it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 10:24 AM  

You ROCK. Have you been winding everything in sight? I know I have... :)

I wound 1/2 of 2 hanks of my handpaintedyarn.com into a ball for "the clap". Oh. My. Gawd. BEAUTIFUL. I'll have to finish winding tonight and bring them to knit group on Saturday (yay, Saturday! I'll bring my *balls* with me.)

--christy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 10:40 AM  

Beautiful shawl. I'm glad to hear you were productive in spite of the coffee withdrawal. Care to jump onto the tea wagon?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2005 6:57 PM  

Mom's shawl is gorgeous! Make sure you tell her the girls at knit group (at least me!) molested it while it was being knitted! I like that soft blue color, and it is warm, soft and cuddly. If only my own dear mom would wear a shawl...

I'm still jealous of your yard sale find! Nothing beats a great deal like that, that's for sure. Winding yarn is fun, relaxing. . .if I could find a deal like you did at a sale, I'd buy it and keep the winder at work. One in the car, one in the shower. . .

Whoo hoo! Saturday is almost here, knit group time. I'm going to drag my sorry carcass to group, pain or no pain. I miss seeing ya'll.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2005 3:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home