Runs With Needles: Avoiding housework

Runs With Needles

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Avoiding housework

I decided to just be honest and title this post for what it is. Parts of my house look like a bomb hit and I just don't want to clean.

Knit group was all kinds of fun yesterday. On top of the usual, I discovered some interesting things about my knitting. Christy pointed out that when I do the long tail cast on, I flip people off. So, I now call this the flip off cast on. I was experimenting at home last night and found that I can't do this cast on without flipping people off. I guess I'm just weird.

Christy and I also stayed late and she helped me figure out that my pattern reading skills weren't quite up to snuff. I was doing yarn overs wrong. How pathetic is that? As a result, I had to rip two projects.

Lilac now looks like this:





And Cozy was ripped and started again last night:





I also started a blanket last night and I'm keeping this one for myself. I'm calling it the It Ain't Easy Being Green Blanket:



This is my first time using Knit Picks Shine and I love it! It's so soft and knits up smoothly without flying off the needles.

I'm not sure what Kishka's done wrong, but I just turned around and saw that she's put herself in the corner:



If you check your calendar, today is October 9th.

The NINTH of OCTOBER.

And this is our weather forecast for today: "THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM MDT TUESDAY.
SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL OCCUR SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 FEET OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED."

I'm not ready for snow. I'm really not ready for this much snow.

Someone. Hold. Me.

3 comment(s):

I'm not ready for it, either. We've not even turned on the heater yet this year. Our sprinklers need to get blown out, but that's obviously not going to happen before tonight... :(

The dog will be happy, though. She loves playing in the snow. I don't think her winter coat's come in much yet, though, so she might not like it as much as she did last year.

I'm glad you can now cast on differently. It's always good to have more than one tool in one's toolbox. :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2005 10:39 AM  

I'm so sorry you're getting snow so soon. Hopefully someone made a mistake and it won't last that long.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2005 4:59 PM  

sooooo, how do you like the snow? :)
I'm not sure where you live but here in Black Forest we do have quite a bit, took hubby some 30 minutes to get out of the driveway this morning.
I love your bags! Will have to try the one with the buttonhole handle, looks very nice.
btw, if you have your link list over bloglines, you CAN change my blog link to just moregreenwool instead of displaying with the url. Its somewhere in an edit function, took me a while to find it too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 10, 2005 9:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home