Runs With Needles: Disappointment.

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Disappointment.

"The Amazing Race" used to be my favorite reality show and one of my favorite TV shows.

Until last night.

It's not the Family Edition that has soured me on the show. It's a combination of two things.

The first is that they haven't left the U.S. yet and I've heard rumors that they never leave North America. WTF? I noticed that Phil didn't say his usual "racearoundtheworld" last night. He said "a race for million dollars".

My main problem with this season is the casting. These families suck. Some lowlights:

* If the family of sisters does not stop shrieking, I will watch this show on mute. I am not kidding. They are worse than a group of 7th grade girls.

* If the New Jersey family (with 2 teenage sons) does not get Philiminated soon, I may stop watching the show. The sons are so disrespectful that my jaw dropped more times that I can count. They were telling their parents to 'shut up' and that they are stupid.

* If the widow and kids do not stop praying to Jesus to help them on the Race, I will go postal. This mother repeatedly professes how important her faith is and then spent two hours last night asking for Jesus to help them find a highway and not get Philiminated. WTF. As one of my favorite web sites says: Jesus can't help you. He's in the tub.

I don't know what happened during casting and creation of this season, but the producers have gone horribly wrong.

Thank goodness "Lost" lived up to my expectations last week. Well, except for the fact that Sayid didn't take off his shirt. :)

No knitting pics yet. Frankly, I'm too lazy to find the camera.

5 comment(s):

less chatter, more pictures! :D

I never got into the amazing race. Or survivor. Or most of the other reality shows. I wish I had more to add, but alas, I only watched "House" last night.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2005 9:23 AM  

Oh, yeah... Sayid is a hottie. Easily the best looking guy on the show.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2005 9:39 AM  

LOL, I don't even know what shows those are that you are talking about, much less which channel they are on. I only watch shows once the seasons are out on DVD and I can get them from the library.... How can you get excited over a TV program if you could just shut it off????

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2005 9:56 AM  

Hee. Didn't realise you were a TWoP fan too. Makes sense though, you having such good taste and all ...

Haven't seen this season of TAR yet - the family idea never really grabbed me. Sounds like I made the right decision.

Besides, what could possibly match "My ox is broken!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2005 10:26 AM  

Ok - when you said "Sayid" I'm sure you meant "Sawyer".

Right?

;)

As for the Amazing Race. I know. I had a bad feeling about it when I heard it was the 'family edition'. Then to top it off they don't even leave the states?

Thats just wrong. Not to mention how the family with the boys who basically abuse their parents makes me want to get my tubes tied.

Just in case.

Next season - hopefully - they will come to their senses and bring back the show I love.

As for Survivor.... hmphh. I pick the woman with the sprained ankle two episodes in. Ack. Although your guy getting stuck in the mud on the first show... made my day.

Is that bad?

hehe

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2005 1:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home