Runs With Needles: By hook or by crook.

Runs With Needles

Monday, October 17, 2005

By hook or by crook.

Do you ever have a weekend so fantastic that you just keep thinking about it and smiling?

That's what this past weekend was for me. There was a ton of knitting and many hours of this:




That's Season One of M*A*S*H, my all time favorite TV show. How much do I love this show?

Just ask him:




His full name is Maxwell Klinger.

Saturday, of course, was knit group. After the knitting ended, Christy and I went out to lunch and then hit Barnes and Noble. Christy and I had a blast reading the knitting books and magazine.

Well, I'll be honest: there wasn't a lot of reading going on. It was mostly mocking the butt ugly patterns in the magazines. Have you seen what's out there? It was horrifying. One pattern was a sweater with pom poms hanging off of it!!!!!

Christy and I both succumbed to the lure of knitting books. I bought this one:




I also bought the book weight. I've been avoiding buying one (because I'm such a cheapskate), but everything else I've tried has just irritated the heck out of me. I'm very happy I finally bought the weight. It's works perfectly!

I have started Lilac (again) and am thrilled with how it's developing:




And a close up:





Unfortunately, there's been backwards progress on my socks:




I cast them on for the fifth time last week and frogged them a few days ago. I had dropped stitches and was short rowing instead of knitting in the round. I was having trouble coming up with a name for these socks. Tonight, the perfect name hit me: The Damn Socks. I'll cast them on (AGAIN!) once I stop hating even the look of dpn's.

I've been obsessed with a new project lately: My Scarf:




And a close up:




This is being knit with one skein of Noro that Christy gave me and one skein of Noro that she helped me pick out. I LOVE how the scarf is turning out.

And lookie here, what's this?




Yes, I am crocheting! Maus and Felicia taught me at the bonus knit group on Sunday. I'm having so much fun! I'm slow and awkward, but am loving it so far.

Also at the bonus knit group, Maus gave Felicia some yarn and Felicia shared it with me:




There’s been an odd dog development around here lately. The girls are hanging out.




All of my mutts get along, but usually the Shepherds hang out together and Kishka hangs out with me. For the past few days, though, the girls have been inseparable.



It’ll be interesting to see if this is a permanent development.

6 comment(s):

Your dogs are just too beautiful! I always enjoy pictures of them.
There might be a bit more of the lilac yarn, if you make a project and run out I'll dig for it!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2005 5:20 AM  

Crocheting is as addictive as knitting. I like combining both in a project, it really gives it a unique look. I'm glad to see you're enjoying it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2005 9:47 PM  

Hey! I didn't realize before that lilac is the blanket I did for my friend. It will get boring in the middle, but the finished project is so pretty. I think it will be my next project for warm the world.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 19, 2005 10:50 AM  

Hurray you are learning crochet. Welcome to the club! Don't you love the way single crochet looks??

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 19, 2005 6:38 PM  

We're going to progress you into some serious hooking!

I love this post. I think the girls are plotting something wild and crazy as a Halloweenie surprise for Mr. Klinger. He'd better stay on his puppy toes...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 19, 2005 9:12 PM  

My book weight is one of my favorite things! I got sick of trying to use everything else too and broke down and bought one and have never been happier.

I love the colors in your scarf - gorgeous!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 20, 2005 5:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home