Runs With Needles: Comments, comments

Runs With Needles

Friday, August 26, 2005

Comments, comments

I always get such wonderful comments on my blog. Thank you!

Melanie has been nagging encouraging me to knit socks. I think she's also harassing me: "Cute cell phone bag. Did you knit it in the round or did you wimp out and seam it up? ;-) "

Why, yes, I did 'wimp out' and seam it up. I didn't feel like messing with dpn's so I just knit it on straights and then seamed two sides. Very easy!

I am planning on casting on a sock this weekend. Pictures to follow!

Felicia is taking the dogs' side of things: "Your dogs are never late with check for me to be their friend. Therefore, I will never believe those sweet, innocent babes would ever destroy anything in your house.

I believe YOU chewed the spatula, just to blame them.

Tell the dogs I love them, and their next payment isn't due until Sept. 12. The Knit Picks orders are always welcome. . ."

Hmmmm...I think somebody (somedog?) is contacting Felicia when I'm not watching.

Colleen commented about my little penguin movie over on the sidebar: "I know I haven't said before, but that little movie of the penguin falling in makes me crack up every time I see it. Soo freakin' funny."

I'm the same way, Colleen. A friend emailed me that mini-movie a few years ago and every single time I watch it, I burst out laughing. I just love it!!


Felicia pegged me correctly: "You child of the 80s!" and she made an awesome suggestion: "I still firmly believe an all 80's station would be perfect for Colorado Springs!"

I agree 100%. I would love an 80's station here. I don't listen to the radio very often because it's all commercials, crappy music and crappier DJ's.

Knit group meets tomorrow morning. Yay! I still can't believe I found such a wonderful group of knitters. We gather every Saturday morning and by Sunday night we're talking about how much we're looking forward to the next Saturday's meeting. If you haven't found a knit group in your area, I highly recommend it. And if you're in the Springs, come join us!

2 comment(s):

Absolutely you can tackle socks! They're easier than you think. Most patterns are well written, and you just follow what they say. Even with turning a heel.

I started with a top down sock, with a heel flap. I'm staying away from toe-up and short row heels for a while yet still. But go for it! Just start looking at all the yummy sock yarn out there...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 27, 2005 1:31 PM  

If I can do a sock - you can do a sock!! it is only as complicated as you make it! Do an easy sock first (like a spiral rib sock) with out any complicated paterning to see that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

MJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 28, 2005 10:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home