Runs With Needles: Another day, another FO.

Runs With Needles

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Another day, another FO.



What: Orange Sherbert Blanket
Yarn: 3 skeins of Red Heart Baby Clouds in the color Creamsicle
Needles: 15
Pattern: Angel Baby
Lesson Learned: This pattern is interesting enough to prevent boredom and mindless enough to be the perfect TV watching pattern.
Destination: Warm The World

Today after knit group, Ann, Christy, Blogless MJ and I headed for Table Rock Llamas.

Wow. We had quite the good time. I think we fondled every skein of yarn and every bit of roving in the store. We all agreed that the silk roving was too wonderful for words.

Christy and I devoured several cubbies of yarn. We plopped down on the floor and pulled all the yarn out of the cubbies. Then we fondled and oohed-and-ahhed over every single skein. Most of them multiple times. All of our noisy squeals brought Blogless MJ into the room. She bought a couple skeins, too.

I came home with this:



Yes, I know I'm on a yarn diet. I had to buy them. The girls made me. Honest.

And no, we won't talk about the fact that I have a sock yarn stash and have never made socks.

I was going to make socks tonight, but got distracted. I decided to make a baby hat for J, to go with her baby blanket. However, I screwed it up twice and have yet to cast on a third time. I'm either staying up tonight to conquer this damn hat, or will do it tomorrow.

5 comment(s):

Isn't that the coziest store ever? And they really let you go down into it and fondle...
I have a very large sock yarn stash too, I really should get back into sock knitting!
The baby blanket is cute!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 21, 2005 7:08 AM  

You should see all of my sock yarn!! It is so cute when you buy it! Makes ya want to knit socks!! I finally cast on for a "real" sock! I know not much bigger than our practice baby sock eith my little feet - LOL! But is actually a sock for Del - in camo sock yarn - Bernat Hot Sox. I couldn't resist!

MJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 21, 2005 2:12 PM  

Kathy, you sure are whipping through these baby blankies! I am impressed... you have used up enough yarn to justify a few small purchases, doncha think? I had to add the secret word thingy too; what will we do when spammers figure out how to get around THAT?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 21, 2005 2:49 PM  

That was so much fun! I usually go into the yarn store alone and don't have anyone to point to shiny things with.

But as you know now, I'm not too shy to just plop down in the middle of the floor and fondle yarn!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 22, 2005 6:04 AM  

Love the sherbert blanket too! :)

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 22, 2005 9:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home