Runs With Needles: Blogiversary, of sorts

Runs With Needles

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blogiversary, of sorts

For my 100th blog post, I thought I would share Purse's first day with me.

I had a rough day at work. One of our computer systems was acting up and our home office was 'very busy' fixing it. Yet, they made no progress the whole day. Around 4pm I asked my boss if I would get workman's comp if I put my fist through my monitor. :)

I was really looking forward to going home. Purse and I settled in for the long (42 miles) drive:



Then, it started to rain. Which, of course, freaks out most Colorado Springs drivers (along with snow, hail, sleet, wind and sunshine). Purse wanted to get a better view of the chaos on the roads:



Purse and I spent a lot of time stopped in traffic:



At one point, Purse tried to steer:



And change the radio station:



I put a quick stop to that and made Purse sit down.

Then she grabbed my sunglasses:



and started drinking my pop:




We said hello to General Palmer:



and made a quick stop at the library:



Purse was concerned about this person who left her lights on:





After picking up two more knitting books (SCORE!), we were on our way again. We were almost out of the city and that's when things got a little crazy. Purse decided to swing from the rear view mirror:




I was very angry and made her sit in her seat:




Suprisingly, she did. Until we turned onto our road:




Purse was very happy to be home:

8 comment(s):

Oh Kathy, that was very funny! I like your new purse almost as much as mine from Sallee (pictures on my blog tomorrow). I doubt that I can top your first day with your new bag, though mine already has Cotton Twist in it :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 11, 2005 9:23 PM  

LOL... If you think snow freaks out Co. Spgs. drivers, you oughta see what it does in (Dayton) Ohio. I remember a day when the weather report said there'd be snow, and the schools were (either delayed or cancelled), and the military base was put on delay, and it never did snow. Oh, and when it did, even a LITTLE bit... there were ALWAYS dozens of cars lined up off the the side of the roads. Those people couldn't drive in snow if their life depended on it. It was almost funny.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 11, 2005 11:36 PM  

hehe, cute purse story, she's really too pretty!
YEah snow? Try New York City for a good lauch with lets say 1/10th of an inch of snow :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2005 5:22 AM  

Washington DC. The WORST in the snow. You know there was a scientific study done about 15 years ago that proved the snow in the DC area (because of the humidity - it's considered "tropical" there, but it's also REALLY COLD there inthe winter - NOT tropical at all) is the slipperiest in the country. Combine that with people from all over the world who barely know how to drive anyway, and you have a receipe for disaster and 6 hour traffic jams.

I LOVE the dog collar hanging from the rear view mirror.

Can't wait to meet Purse in person in a few weeks.

Anne
whitestarsams.blogspot.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2005 7:20 AM  

Purse had a FUN day! OK, is it pathetic that I know what branch of the library you stopped at from your pic? Since you drive by the General each day, tell me: do the high school kids still paint the horse's gonads in school colors before games? We.. err.. they did in my day.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2005 8:59 AM  

Are you going to give your purse a name? I sometimes name mine. I loved the photonovella!

I might just have to steal your idea, if and when I ever order the Clan Aran sweater.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 12, 2005 10:39 AM  

Kath, I'm trying to stop laughing long enough to thank you for the photo novella of one of my bags...too too funny!
She looks good in your car...tell her Nana says behave!!! lololol!
((((hugs))))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 14, 2005 1:52 PM  

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! Thanks for the much needed laugh!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 21, 2005 9:07 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home