Runs With Needles: Sunday morning comments

Runs With Needles

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday morning comments

I haven't responded to my comments lately, so am going to do that with this post. And, truth be told, I'm avoiding cleaning my house. :)

A note about comments: you'll have to do one of those word verification thingys to comment. I did this in an attempt to beat the comment spammers. I don't want to restrict my comments to Blogger people only, so figure this is the next best thing.

AntiKathy asked me a couple of questions:
OK, is it pathetic that I know what branch of the library you stopped at from your pic?
Nope. It just means that you're a library slut, like me. :)

Since you drive by the General each day, tell me: do the high school kids still paint the horse's gonads in school colors before games? We.. err.. they did in my day.
My initial response to this question was "The General's horse has gonads?" The next time I drove by the General (which I do twice a day), I stopped my car and looked up. Yup! The horse has gonads! And no, they weren't painted. :)

Jesse asked "Whoa...what happened to the trees? As a fellow displaced Michigander, I couldn't imagine living somewhere so...flat. I'd feel positively exposed without a bunch of trees blocking my view of so much space."

I used to feel that way, but I've lived on the plains for six years now and I love it. There's something about all the open space and the huge sky that I just love. Now, when I return to Michigan, all the trees make me feel closed in and I miss the wide open spaces.

When I posted the pic of my chewed spatula, I got some funny observations:

Roxanne said "... if the spatula teeth marks don't fit..." and Felicia had the same thought "If the spatula doesn't fit, You must acquit!"

Hmmmm......it seems that Max and Kish have been working the email, recruiting supporters. Let me assure you, these two are not nearly as innocent as they look!

Felicia made the comment about training dogs: "Scout knows the names of his toys and can pick them out of his toy bowl."

My three don't know the names of their different toys, but they will get a toy when I ask them too. The odd thing is that they all respond to a different word. I ask them "Bring me a toy." for Max, "Bring me a bone" for Kish and "Bring it" for Sam. How did this happen? It would be much easier if they all understood the same thing.

Melanie asked about the page referrer on the bottom of my blog "How did you get the page "refferer" thing on your blog? Every time I go there they say they're not accepting new members... or am I missing something?"

That happened to me a lot, too. When they finally opened it back up for new members I was able to get an account. I don't know what their method for opening/closing membership is, though.

It's a gorgeous day here, but look at those clouds forming over the Peak:



We may be in for storms this afternoon. I hope so!!

5 comment(s):

Hey, I've been MIA for awhile now... getting things ready to start school and working... so I missed the two finished objects... they're both FANTASTIC!!! Isn't it amazing to see how much you've "grown" in the current year!!!
Mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 23, 2005 6:19 AM  

I know I haven't said before, but that little movie of the penguin falling in makes me crack up every time I see it. Soo freakin' funny.

Thanks for making me laugh to start off the day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 23, 2005 8:07 AM  

Your dogs are never late with check for me to be their friend. Therefore, I will never believe those sweet, innocent babes would ever destroy anything in your house.

I believe YOU chewed the spatula, just to blame them.

Tell the dogs I love them, and their next payment isn't due until Sept. 12. The Knit Picks orders are always welcome. . .

:O)

ozpqxnkx

That's my verification word. I think that's a new kind of animal.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 23, 2005 12:53 PM  

Housework just isn't all it's cracked up to be; my favorite motto is: "The solution to housework is to live outdoors", written in 1910 by some original liberated woman whose name I have forgotten. I am tagging you with a quickie meme, the 23rd Post, which you can view on my blog. If Sallee gets you too, then we succeeded in team-tagging without communicating with each other, and once counts :) I had to add the word-thingy too, to prevent spam.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 23, 2005 10:06 PM  

Word verification? Ohh... ahhh... lemme know if that helps. I've been getting the spammers too. Actually just changed the comment section yet again tonight.... to block all but Blogger users.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 23, 2005 11:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home