Runs With Needles: The end of a wonderful weekend

Runs With Needles

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The end of a wonderful weekend

The weather here this weekend was utter crap and I loved it! It enabled me to watch The Civil War, knit and just generally be lazy without feeling guilty.

I made it up to 1864 in The Civil War:



And here is the progress on J's blanket:


I've very happy with how it's turning out. I expect to finish it this week.

Purse was a hit at Knitters With Altitude yesterday. I've also named her Molly. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)

Also this weekend I've been listening to the just released September 11th tapes. I really debated with myself about whether I wanted to listen to them. Then I realized that for the past four years, I've had the media tell me what happened that day. I want to hear it for myself. The tapes aren't easy to listen to and will probably take me several weeks to listen to all of them, but I will do it.

6 comment(s):

yay, it looks great, and you're almost done! I loved meeting "Molly" this weekend, she's pretty! Looks like you'rea almost out of the green-knitting -- one more stripe! You'll have to show it off next week, because I know you'll be done by then!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2005 6:41 AM  

The blanket looks FANTASTIC!!!! I hope I get to see it before it goes to its new home.

Anne
whitestarsams.blogspot.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2005 6:48 AM  

Sorry I missed Molly, hope she will join you again?!
Blanket looks very nice, you're on the homestretch now!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2005 6:58 AM  

I like the colors on your blanket. Your purse is very pretty indeed, and a good companion too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2005 4:52 PM  

Great colors on the blanket, and I like that pattern too, although the stretch in the middle seemed to last forever the last time I made it. Glad you and Molly are having so much fun together; I am loving mine too, and have to get my product review in to Take Back the Knit, so Sallee gets more notice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 15, 2005 5:01 PM  

Sunday was the bomb. The dog and I layed around, caught up on movies, tv shows- and knit. We basted the turkey. . .and mom managed to do a complete Thanksgiving dinner in Aug for me! Yummy. I love cold, wintery-like days in the summer.

It is good to see the sun again.

Your blanket looks great. I'm still deciding what mother will get what handknit from me. Two of these ladies are going to pop near Christmas, so that means- I'm going to have to get busy making stuff for them as well as my holiday gifts.

I'll have to meet Molly this Saturday. I can hardly wait!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 16, 2005 10:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home