Runs With Needles: Notes and comments

Runs With Needles

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Notes and comments

My kitchen sink is fixed. Lots of sweat and plenty of cursing was involved, but it is repaired. I discovered a couple of things while doing this repair and both are in the picture:



A 40 lb. bag of dog food is the perfect size to lie on when fixing the sink. It's exactly level with the cabinet, so you don't get that hard wood in your back. Also, if I put the dog bed next to me, Kishka laid on that instead of trying to get under the sink with me.

I've gotten some questions in my comments lately, so I need to respond. I don't want to be rude. :)

Actually, I owe Maus all the answers. She's been full of questions! I finally met her yesterday, but didn't really get a chance to talk to her before she had to leave. Hopefully next time I can speak with her.

First, Maus wanted to know what kind of dog toy I posted the other day. It is simply the best dog toy ever. Seriously. I don't buy my dogs stuffed toys because they tear them apart in under 5 minutes. Last year, I was at PetSmart and saw this new 'tough' dog toy. It had a money back guarantee, so I decided to give it a try.

Over a year later, the toy is still around and is still intact. The dogs play with it every day and the thing won't die. I've been looking all over town for another one and finally found a store that carries them (PetSmart on Powers). I bought one of the last ones, but the clerk said that they were selling very fast, so they had already ordered another batch.

Maus also asked about Cotton Ease: "Did you ever use cotton ease and did you like it?"

I have never used Cotton Ease, but I will. (See pics later in this post.)

Kirsti sent along this link in response to my post from yesterday. I almost died laughing. Thank you, Kirsti!

Kirsti also begged for pictures of my newly aquired stash.

Here is the yarn I will probably use for myself:



The bright pink will probably be a scarf and the mint green might become a large blanket. The rest of it hasn't told me what it wants to become.

The other yarn I bought was for making Warm The World projects:



I haven't posted the Sassy Stripes scarf in awhile. It's coming along, slow and steady:



And the progress on J's blanket:



The only time I've knit all weekend was at the Knitters With Altitude meeting yesterday. It's just too damn hot. I took a couple of cold showers today and had a bowl of ice cubes out for the dogs.

Here's Kishka, looking hot (as in temperature):



And Samantha, who staked out the bed under the ceiling fan:

7 comment(s):

Thanks for answereing all my nosey questions :)
So its the 'combat" toys you spoke of, I'll have to watch out for them! Phoebe loves to carry around stuffed toys, often "de_felts" them and they do love to play tug. She's gotten a lot better with destroying them, I mean no longer uses a stuffed animal up in the first 5 minutes. But sometimes it just has to be done LOL
Oh we could have talked, but I didn't feel like yelling across like the others did :) Loud bunch these knitters are!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 8:14 AM  

Oh. My. You did binge didn't you?

I was right there with you last night under the kitchen sink. My husband and I replaced our garbage disposal. Isn't it convenient that Max is small enough to easily fit in there with us?

I'll have to look for the Combat toys. The WhiteStar sammies LOVE stuffed toys but they last a matter of minutes. Samoyeds are not big dogs but are VERY agressive chewers. I'd love to find soem toys other than bones and nylabones that would last around here.

Anne

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 5:53 PM  

Wow, that's quite the stash. I can't wait to see what you make with it. Very very exciting.

Glad you liked the link :) And have I told you recently how beautiful your dogs are. I love Kishka's face markings.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 7:57 PM  

Your Furbabies are so cute!

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 02, 2005 11:15 AM  

I need some of those dog toys...my dog Gracie is small, but highly destructive...maybe this will be a good challenge for her!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 02, 2005 4:32 PM  

Hey there Kathy,
I finally found your blog. I feel bad because you've posted a comment on my blog more than once. I got sidetracked, but have added you to my bloglines. Just wanted to say, "that's a lot of cotton ease!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2005 7:47 PM  

I must be a Bad Momma. I just tell Scout to go play with the cats when he tears up his toys!

Actually, Mr. FurryButt has done well with his Kong toys, and tennis balls.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 05, 2005 11:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home