Runs With Needles: Tag

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tag

Roxanne tagged me!

*******
10 years ago: I was single (Part I) and living in Allegan, Michigan. I was working a full time job I tolerated and a part time job that I loved. I was playing in two softball leagues, had a great boyfriend, was doing volunteer work and going to Chicago on weekends with my friends. That was a wonderful time in my life. I could never keep up with that schedule now, but it's a great memory. :)

5 years ago: Damn. This is embarassing. I don't really remember. All I can recall is that five years ago this week, I started my current job. I intended to stay 2 years. Oops.

1 year ago: One year ago I was living my life, totally unaware that it was about to be blown to bits. I was about to discover that my now ex-husband was cheating on me. It's been a hell of a year, but I can finally say that I am happy.

Yesterday: I went to work, came home and watched a "Little House on the Prairie" DVD and tried to knit a sock. It didn't go very well. (The knitting, not the DVD watching. :) )

Today: I went to work, came home and ate dinner. I had ice cream for dinner. (I love being a grown-up.) Later I will watch "Lost" and maybe knit (if it's not too hot).

Tomorrow: I'm getting my car fixed, so will be at the fix-it shop from 9am until who-knows-when. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to all that knitting time? I took the day off work, so after that I will come home and relax. (Probably knit and read.)

5 snacks I enjoy: Pretzels, chocolate (any kind, I'm not picky), potato chips, chips and salsa, anything with cheeze.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, Tears For Fears

Things I would do with $100,000,000: Give enough to my parents, brother and best friend so that they never had to worry about money again. I would buy at least 1000 acres of land, plant my house in the middle of it and collect dogs. Seriously, I would probably start a shelter or a rescue group for abandoned adult dogs and try not to keep them all myself. I would also do a lot more knitting and keep my favorite knitting charity well stocked in yarn.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Australia, Switzerland, Rocky Mountains, the U.P. of Michigan, the Florida Keys

5 bad habits I have: nail biting, I hold grudges, driving too fast, can be a worrywart, I'm always running late

5 things I like doing: Knitting, reading, traveling, watching movies and old TV shows, sitting outside and watching the world go by

5 things I would never wear: bikini, stilleto heels, a Kentucky Derby style of hat, mini-skirt, poncho

5 TV shows I like: The Amazing Race, Survivor, Lost, Desperate Housewives, ER

5 movies I like: Somewhere In Time, Escape From Sobibor, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Shawshank Redemption, North and South

5 famous people I'd like to meet: I'm assuming this means alive or dead so.......George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Charles Darwin, Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 biggest joys at the moment: my pets, knitting, reading, lazy summer days, living alone

5 favorite toys: crockpot, breadmaker, DVD player, computer, digital camera

And now, I think I'll tag Melanie!

Would you believe it's too hot to knit? It's 94 degrees here right now. (I don't have AC.) If I try to knit, my hands start sweating and I can't hold on to the needles.

3 comment(s):

No A/C? Ack! Sending some cool air your way...

Loved your meme - great movies. I completely forgot about Somewhere in Time & The Shawshank Redemption. Great movies.

We should pool our $100,000,000 and just buy Colorado. Could have one giant animal shelter.

Yeah - thats the ticket.

A shelter with a/c though.

:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2005 10:15 PM  

Fun answers! I didn't know that Little House on the Prairie was on DVD. Hmm. Might have to try and rent it and revisit childhood memories.

I'm going to be in Breckenridge Mon - Thursday next week (though I'm flying out of Denver airport early on Thursday morning). How close are you? I have no plans Monday night, Tuesday morning or Wednesday night...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 6:07 AM  

Too bad the heat is slowing you down. I love the heat though, even if I have the same problem.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 7:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home