Runs With Needles: Non knitting chatter. Well, maybe a tiny bit of knitting...

Runs With Needles

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Non knitting chatter. Well, maybe a tiny bit of knitting...

Go here and then come back.

:: patiently tapping toe ::

If you're not familiar with Landry's, they're a seafood restaurant.

Yes, that's right. The Denver Downtown Aquarium is owned by a seafood restaurant.

Isn't that a huge conflict of interest?


I have finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and am anxiously awaiting the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This will be the weekend I learn how to knit and read at the same time. The new Harry Potter book will be in my hands and Felicia is teaching me to knit socks. How on earth could I ever choose between those two things?

The knitting has been sparse around here lately, even though I finished my book . It's just too damn hot to knit. All of my projects are big enough that they have to sit in my lap. If the heat continues, I'll just start casting on for projects and knit them until they get too big.

26 hours and 28 minutes until The Half-Blood Prince is in my hands.

I'm just sayin'.

8 comment(s):

SOCKS! Socks is LITTLE! Socks don't get all heavy and hot in your lap! You need sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocks! More crack! (OK, I've had way too much caffiene already, I can tell.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 8:09 AM  

I guess I have a twisted sense of humor, but I actually thought it was funny that a seafood restaurant would own an aquarium... what are they trying to do, whet your appetite when you tour the facilities? :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 10:16 AM  

I've been thinking that spiral bound books could work well, coz they'll lie flat while you knit. Let me know what you figure out.

Me, I'm waiting for my UK copy to arrive, with express shipping. Hopefully Monday. Can I wait that long?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 12:32 PM  

Hmmmmmm....think they're raising their own entrees???
Hugs,
Kitt

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 2:47 PM  

Only 8 hours for me..got a midnight party nearby...and a wristband which entitles me to be the 134th person in line to buy a book. Much better than last time, when I was 398th in line.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 3:20 PM  

You know what else is a good little project toys! Yep I think that is one reason why I love them so much. I try to knit my bigger stuff at night so it is not too hot!

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 15, 2005 6:00 PM  

Use a clip clothespin or something similar to hold the left hand pages in place. I've been doing it for years. I just got back from the library with my requested copy of Half Blooded Prince and I'm about to curl up on the couch with it and the shrug I'm knitting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 16, 2005 12:23 PM  

I'm sick and twisted. Who wouldn't want to see their lunch in a replica of it's natural habitat right before you eat it? At least, you know the catch of the day is truly fresh!

I'm still waiting for the CM Zoo to open up their specialty grill-- mmmnn, nothing sez love like Lionburgers!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2005 7:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home