Runs With Needles: Today, at a very special Knit Group......

Runs With Needles

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Today, at a very special Knit Group......

The Knitters With Altitude had a knit group/doggy play date today. AntiKathy and Tegan (the Poodle love muffin) were our hostesses, along with her husband, Chris. We had a wonderful morning of knitting, eating, drinking (lemonade) and watching our dogs play. Of course, it was nasty hot, so Anne, AntiKathy and I ended up moving inside (to the AC!) and chatting the afternoon away. There was no knitting, just talking and mocking the awful designs in knitting magazines.

I'm afraid I only have a couple pictures to share. Hopefuly Anti will have more. (Hint, hint!)

Here is Max, Anne's adorable puppy.




Max is the CALMEST puppy I have ever been around. He spent most of the morning snoozing on the bench next to his mom. Then he spent the afternoon on the couch, under the AC. (Anne raises smart dogs!)

Here's a picture of Kishka, enjoying the shade and grass:



Anne also tipped me off about something this morning. Kishka is not a Husky mix. She's a Malamute mix. I've owned Kish for 2 and a half years and had no clue! Thank you, Anne, for correcting me. I guess this is what Kishka has been trying to tell me with all of her wooing. :)

I have a FO!



What: Hot Pink Washcloth
Yarn: About half a skein of Hot Pink Sugar 'n Cream
Needles: Size 7
Pattern: Ripple Washcloth
Lesson Learned: I followed the pattern exactly, but next time I'm going to knit more rows. Then it'll be square. :)
Destination: It's already in my shower. :)

The Weather Geeks are saying that our heatwave is supposed to break tomorrow. Hopefully it does. Then maybe I can finish up a blanket!

3 comment(s):

ahhh, cute pics :) looks like you had a smart day with moving inside to the AC. I am always amazed at how much hotter "town" is compared to blackforest. At work I almost melted away WITH ac, coming home a nice cool breeze let me sit outside in comfort.
Making fun of published patterns is a riot :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 24, 2005 6:44 AM  

Sounds like a fun day. Love the washcloth.

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 24, 2005 12:20 PM  

Looks like the dogs had a ot of fun too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 25, 2005 3:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home