Runs With Needles: Sock!

Runs With Needles

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sock!

Presenting......my first sock!!



Mucho, mucho thanks to Felicia and AntiKathy. I literally couldn't have done it without them. Their patience was endless. Especially when my eyes glazed over and I stared blankly at the needles muttering "I don't get it."

The sock knitting literally took the whole day. We met at 9am and said goodbye around 5pm. There was, of course, a lunch break. We went to a nearby Asian buffet, stuffed our faces and oogled nearby men. :)

I am going to make another mini sock soon, but for now, my time is being spent with Harry . I am knitting on this while reading:




This blanket is the Reading Harry Blanket.

Just a note to fellow Harry fans: I'm making this blog a spoiler free zone. It's become a chore for me to avoid all the news out there about the new book, so please be assured that I will not give away any plot details here.

And yes, I was knitting and reading last night. Yay! I was using my sandal to hold the pages in place, but Jane has suggested a clothespin and I think I'll give that a try this afternoon.

4 comment(s):

oooo, a clothes pin! Terriffic... I"ve been resting some knitting on the pages, but that gets annoying to move... must find clothes pin. And SOOOO excited on the sock. you rock!!!
Mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 17, 2005 1:45 PM  

A sock! I have sock envy. A real sock, someday...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 17, 2005 5:15 PM  

I was going to plow through it this past weekend, but since this was the penultimate book of the series, I thought I should savor it. Good thing you've declared your blog a spoil-free zone. I've been avoiding all HP reviews I can, and have even resorted to NOT talking about it at work when someone tried to tell me the name of the character who died (please or God please let it not be Ron or Hermione!) Anyhow, as far as clothespins, I don't know how well they work, but I finally had to resort to an item suited for the purpose--a bonafide book holder. It's a great investment, especially if you knit and read alot (at the same time, of course) it props your book up at at various angles and holds the pages for you. There's lots of different kinds out there; I got mine from Barnes and Noble for around twenty bucks. If it's too much to spend for a book stand, think of it instead as a knitting tool. (I've found it eaiser to buy expensive knitting toys than cheap anything else--it's all about priorities :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 18, 2005 6:41 PM  

Did the clothes pin work? I started Harry mid-afternoon on Saturday and finished Monday. Finished knitting one shrug and started another while reading.. Good book!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2005 1:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home