Runs With Needles: I'm not the slut I thought I was.

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm not the slut I thought I was.

Apparantly, I'm not a project slut. After reading the comments on my Project Slut post, I realized that I merely aspire to be a project slut. And in case you're wondering, Anne is the Project Slut Queen. She has fourteen projects on the needles. Can anyone top that?

I never put more than four or five projects on the needles because I didn't think I should (how anal retentive is that?) and because I had limited needles. Well, now I have Denise Needles, so I've decided to start a project everytime I get a good idea for one. So, in the past couple of days I have started the Summer Somethin' Project and the Blue 'n Purple Scarf (I frogged the Blurple Building Blocks Blanket and am reusing the yarn). Want to see pictures of my new projects?

You can't. I know. Now I'm a tease. I have limited time tonight and if I take time to do a picture filled blog, I won't have time to knit. I'm sure you understand my priorities.

I'm also going to start another scarf tonight. I have some rose colored Wool-Ease that is calling to me.

I had some wonderful comments on my Purple Ruffle Blanket. Thank you. :) Maus commented that I knit this one 'quite fast'. Um, not really. I started it last October and was not inspired to knit it until I began my torrid love affair with Denise . Then it finished up very quickly.

I also know that I am not going to take the Purple Ruffle Blanket to the Immoral Knitters With Altitude group meetings. Felicia pretty much threatened to steal it. Speaking of the lovely Felicia. Go check out her new blog . That girl ain't right.

Jane inquired about whether the pattern for the Purple Ruffle Blanket is online. Why, yes, it is! I did modify the pattern a tad. I loathe small needles, so used sizes 5 and 15 instead of 3 and 13.

Finally, I want to give a shout out to Melanie. Keep your chin up and take care of yourself and that adorable baby of yours. :)

5 comment(s):

Well, hell, I don't even deserve to be reading this blog then. I only have two little projects on the needles.

I'm not worthy.

I'm also lazy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2005 6:52 AM  

Wow. Even with casting on for my Branching Out, and the Top Secret Project 2, I'd only be at 7. I've got a way to go in my sluttiness :)

And tormenting us like that ... I want photos! Now!! (Did I mention I'm somewhat impatient?)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2005 7:34 AM  

Hey Kathy -- thanks for the nice comment on my Triada scarf. It wasn't too hard ... just a matter of figuring out how to do the stitches! Then it was a breeze. By the way, I'm a project ho. I probably have more than 15 projects on hold. (Isn't that terrible??) But I'm working on it! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2005 7:44 AM  

Should projects on the hook count? It's not that bad, I have two crochet wips and four knitting wips.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2005 5:11 PM  

oh thanks for the link to the purple blanket I love that blanket.

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 18, 2005 6:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home