Runs With Needles: Just Monday.

Runs With Needles

Monday, May 23, 2005

Just Monday.

The Two Tone Blanket is done!



What: Two Tone Pink Blanket
Yarn: TLC Amore , one skein of Rose and one skein of Raspberry
Needles: 11 circular
Lesson Learned: I'm not sure about this yarn.

I don't think I'll use this yarn on another blanket. I really liked it while I was knitting, but now that I'm done, it looks messy and unfinished. I think a smaller needle size and/or a smaller project would look fine, but a blanket on size 11 needles didn't turn out as I'd hoped. I'm going to toss this in the washer and dryer and hope it looks better.

Introducing.................................



The Sassy Stripes Scarf! I'm keeping this project around the house to entertain me while I'm waiting on things. (Dogs to finish up outside, computer to boot up, etc.) I am not a fan of small needles and I'm using size 3 on this scarf, so time will tell if I ever finish it.

Even though I have four projects on the needles, I might start something new tomorrow night. I need to knit something in brightly colored yarn. I'm in a bit of a funk and bright yarn just might cheer me up. Actually, I'm only in a funk about my job, but I'm letting it get to me. I've got to stop doing that and just forget about work when I leave at night.

It was a stormy evening on the plains. All the storms were north, east and south of here, so there were some fantastic clouds.












And finally, Mr. Max:



This picture captures his usual expression perfectly. He may drive me nuts, but he's a joy to have around.

5 comment(s):

Nice cloud pics of the plains ;)
We only had some high winds, some real black clouds and 2.5 drops of rain, but I'm in the forest, so its always a bit less here with storms.
If you need inspiration of color, go visit the Table Rock Store on Shoup! boy is that dangerous for me for a store to be there, but I love it!! They got great stuff and you can really get inspired just browsing everything.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 24, 2005 6:26 AM  

Ok, I don't feel so weird for only have two projects on the needles. :) I'm sort of making myself behave till I get this huge-ass shawl I'm making at least half done. If I start something else, I'll work on it and leave the shawl alone. I've already proved that.

Is that the blanket you brought with you to Pikes Perk? It looks familiar.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 24, 2005 7:15 AM  

The blanket looks comfy! And I love the pictures of the plains. Someday I want to get out west and see them. I live in the foothills of the Adirondack Mts. so I've never seen perfectly flat land. Some day...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 24, 2005 2:19 PM  

The two tone blanket is pretty I love those pinks.

Don't you just love it when they are cute. I swear Maverick practices his cute look I just want to scoop him up and hug him.

Glad to know someone else is living in hair heaven! :)

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 24, 2005 5:20 PM  

Wow, Kath! Those shots are fantastic! And pooch is adorable...those soulful brown eyes. One thing about work, if you leave it there, it'll be there tomorrow just where it was - if you worry about it at home, it'll still be there, just as it was!Instead, head home, prop the feet, and knit with the puppies! What a renewal you'll have with which to start the next day!
(((hugs)))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 26, 2005 7:16 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home