Runs With Needles: Like a kid on Christmas morning

Runs With Needles

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Like a kid on Christmas morning

I just have to get through one more day of work and then I have three days off. I cannot even begin to express how excited I am. :)

The Knitters With Altitude are meeting Saturday morning and beyond that, I have no plans. That's the best kind of weekend!

Actually, I do have plans. The Three Stooges have to be brushed. I am drowning in dog hair. I need to get them all outside and brush out the loose hair. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll bathe them, too. This is harder than it sounds.

Samantha LOVES water. Giving her a bath is not a big deal. It's the other two that make it a chore.

I have to lift 80 lbs. of Kishka into the tub and then she howls the whole time like I'm killing her. If someone was standing outside my house they would call and report me for animal abuse. Kish is quite the drama queen.

Then there's Mr. Max. If I get him within 2 feet of the bathtub, he puts all 90 lbs. into his ass, sits down and won't budge. I can't lift/force him into the tub because of the arthritis in his hips. I have to literally beg him to get into the tub. Last time he got a bath, it took me almost an hour to get him into the tub.

I cast on for J's baby blanket the other night. I'm using colors that match her nursery and am doing a dishcloth blanket. J is due in September. Let's hope I finish in time!



Roxanne mentioned that I seem to have a 'bit of a purple thing going on'. You know, I think she's right. I'm got the Purple Ruffle Blanket still on the needles as well as the Burple Building Blocks blanket. Maybe that's why I wanted to start something new: so I could escape the purple!

Leisel's mind works like mine: she's also thought about knitting in the tub. I would LOVE to, but considering all the books and magazines I drop in the water, I don't think knitting in the tub is such a good idea.

Sue stopped by and said that she wants to come west some day to see the plains. Most people think the plains are boring and flat, but I've grown to love them. Of course, it helps that I have a view of Pikes Peak and the front range, but the plains have their own beauty. I really think I have the best of both worlds: the view of the mountains and huge sky of the plains. Come west, Sue! :)

Thank you to KnitNana for the pep talk. I'm usually very good at leaving work at work, but I've let it get to me lately. I'm doing better now, though. I will not let work ruin my long weekend!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my cloud pictures. I'm a total weather geek, so you can expect to see a lot more weather pictures in the future. Especially since thunderstorm season is just beginning.

2 comment(s):

Hey Kathy ... I've made the dishcloth blanket as well and I love it! I used TLC amore for a baby sweater, and I think it turned out really well -- and the mom can actually wash it, which is always a plus. :) Thanks for the comment on my cardigan! I think I'm happy with it overall.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 27, 2005 7:06 AM  

Baths...don't get me started on baths and Maverick. The boy turns into a rigid statue and will not move once the water comes on. We take him into the greenhouse (it has a nice plastic floor) and use my water hose I water the plants with to give him a bath. Other then him not moving he is pretty good.

The plains of Colorado are pretty we are looking to buy a couple 100 acres near Alamosa this summer, so we can go between the mountains and the plains, can't take the travel bug out of us. :)

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 27, 2005 2:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home