Runs With Needles: Lead me to yarn. I must knit.

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lead me to yarn. I must knit.

My knitting obsession has been stronger than usual lately. I must knit. All the time. Being without it for 12 hours during the day is making me crazy crazier than usual. I just now cast on a scarf to have by the computer. Then I can knit while I read things online. I've thought of knitting in bed, but am afraid I would never sleep and I know I would end up knitting dog hair into everything.

What would you think if I told you I was thinking about keeping knitting in the loo?

Not that I'm admitting to anything. Just asking.

I managed to leave work early enough to arrive home before Mr. Sun had said goodnight. So, I took the dogs outside and let them play for awhile. When we came inside, I had three very happy dogs. Don't they look like they're smiling?





Max, as usual, had to stick his nose in a bunch of tall prairie grass and, as usual, had an itchy face all evening:



I've been working on the Two Tone Blanket lately. Here's what she looks like:



I'm hoping to finish her this weekend so I can cast on with some more Warm The World yarn.

Am I the only person who doesn't give a rip about the new Star Wars movie? I can't escape it. The 5am news started this morning with the Star Wars theme. Call me melodramatic, but it threw off my whole morning. I'm a major creature of habit and not waking up to the usual morning news music jarred me out of my slumber. I usually wake up slowly while listening to the news.

Or, maybe I'm just stuck in my ways and should learn to be more flexible.

A thought to knit by.

8 comment(s):

Your dogs are gorgeous ;) Isn't it the best if they lie there with tongues hanging and panting after a happy play session? Always satisfies me to the max.
Starwars? What starwars? LOL I am so peeved by all the fuzz and hope that its over soon. Didn't particularily care for the previous movies and don't see why I should care for this one..

Colors of your blanket are very nice! If I weren't on such a green trip right now!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2005 6:20 AM  

Oh me me I really do not care about Star Wars either!

Love the two tone blanket.

Your pups are so cute, dog smiles are the best!

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2005 7:37 AM  

I am proud to say that I have never seen a Star Wars movie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2005 12:40 PM  

Ok. So many things for me to comment on!

Star Wars. I just don't get it. I mean, its not like Harrison Ford is starring in any of the new ones right? ;)

And knitting in the loo. I immediately thought of that Seinfeld episode where Costanza took a book in a bookstore with him to the bathroom. They forced him to buy it and he couldnt unload it anywhere, it was considered marked property. Tooo funny.

I'm betting there are alot of people who knit while they er, 'sit'.

Purrty blankie btw! Me thinks someone has a bit of a purple thing going on!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 19, 2005 10:34 PM  

LOL... well, I hadn't thought about knitting on the loo, but I've been seriously considering knitting or crocheting in the tub. If I could figure out a way to guarantee I wouldn't accidentally drop it in the water, I probably would. After all, you're just sitting there doing nothing anyways. For now, though, I'm just sticking to reading books in the tub.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 20, 2005 9:48 AM  

Being a wannabe trekkie and a devout fan of Babylon 5, I have to admit that, despite all my efforts, I can't stand any of the Star Wars movies. I rented the very first movie (the one that was released twenty years ago) and tried to watch it just to see if I could understand what all the hoopla was about. Halfway through I had to turn it off, it was just that corny. And it wasn't even the SFX, it was the crappy dialogue; a reporter on NPR called it "Medusa dialoge"--dialogue so bad that it turns every actor into stone.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2005 8:32 AM  

Gorgeous dogs ... they certainly do look happy.

And one can never have too much knitting. Different projects just stop one from getting bored. I'd go ahead and knit in bed too. Dog hair will simply add extra warmth to the garment, and provide interesting fiber texture...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 23, 2005 7:44 AM  

Your blanket is very pretty. As for the star wars things... I will go watch it even if I didn't like much the last two movies simply because I I'm hoping this one really is as good as the first three. I know it's foolish, but I can't help it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 23, 2005 4:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home