Runs With Needles: Finito!

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Finito!





What: Purple Ruffle Blanket
Yarn: One ball of Lion Brand Pound of Love in the color lavender
Needles: # 5 and #15
Lesson Learned: Straight needles are the debil. I hated this project until I switched it to Denise Needles . Now, I'm going to make another ruffle blanket!

This blanket is destined for Warm The World, unless my friend J's ultrasound is wrong and she has a girl. She saw this blanket when she was here and loved it. I may make one for her in a different color.

Kirsti came up with the coolest term: Project Slut. She blogs about being a project slut today and it cracked me up! I'm definitely a Project Slut, too. I only have four things on the needles right now. :)

I've been working exclusively on the Purple Ruffle Blanket, so don't have any progress on my other blankets. However, I'm now keeping the Sassy Stripes Scarf next to my bed and I knit at least one row each night before I go off to dreamland. Here's the scarf, lounging in the sunlight:



I really like how this is turning out, but I hate the size 3 needles.

I was watching DVD's the other night and all of a sudden found myself modifying the Instant Gratification Scarf:



Much better, no?

To those of you keeping count, the projects currently on my needles are: The Sassy Stripes Scarf, the Blurple Building Blocks Blanket, J's baby blanket and the Crayola Blanket. None of these are calling to me, though. I may have to cast on something new!

In non-knitting news, here's a better picture of the hole in my kitchen window:



After I took the picture, I taped the outside of the window, covered it with cardboard and then covered the whole thing with duct tape. We've had a storm since I patched it and it's holding up perfectly!

Pioggia asked if my insurance will cover the window. My deductible is $1000, so no, it won't. I haven't even called to see how much a new one with cost. As long as my patch job holds, I'll postpone it as long as I can. My budget doesn't exactly have room for a new window right now.

Another casualty of the storm was the two side mirrors on my car. Thank goodness it wasn't one of the car windows!

Here's a pictures of the Shepherds, lounging after a fun game of fetch:

10 comment(s):

Very pretty blanket! You did this one quite fast no? Looks cuddly enough for an adult :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 08, 2005 5:47 AM  

Hee. I think we project sluts should form some kind of alliance. I'm planning on starting a 4th project at City Knits class tonight.

The ruffled blanket looks great - and I can see how the Denises would make all that needle swapping so much easier.

And I'm incredibly impressed with that Sassy Stripes scarf. I've not ventured into anything colour-changing yet... hmm. this could be the next project!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 08, 2005 1:16 PM  

I'm sorry about your window, then. Seems that you'll have a little less sunshine for a while. You did a fast job with that blanket, considering how many other things you were knitting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 08, 2005 4:53 PM  

I'm proud to say I'm a Project Slut, free of any pimps. All my projects are my own, I don't need no stinkin' man taking any yarn off the top!

Whoa. After looking at your window, I'm glad you and your furry babies are all safe.

As always, your projects are great. I love the ruffle blanket. Since my workplace wants to "freeze" me, I might need to borrow that blanket! Borrow, hell-- I'd keep it!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2005 12:12 AM  

Wow, Kathy, what a beautiful blanket! I'm in awe of how much knitting you do for charity--someone is really going to appreciate that blanket this winter.

Thanks for the vote on my bag!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2005 7:43 AM  

Just saw your pictures of the storm - ack! Happy you and the kids w/tails are ok! Blankie looks beautishus! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2005 7:42 PM  

Oh My.

If FOUR active projects makes you a project slut, what am I? I started number FOURTEEN last night...

Anne
whitestarsams.blogspot.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2005 6:58 AM  

Well, not too many posts ago I documented ten projects on the needles, not counting the one I KNOW I'm not going to complete and am planning to frog.

I'm not just a Slut, I'm positively a Pro!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2005 3:25 PM  

Love the blanket! I like the fringe on instant gratification. I am having a hard time getting projects done, I think I have three on the needles so I am only a mini slut.

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2005 8:18 PM  

ONLY 4???? I have way more PIPs (Projects In Progress)than that!! I think I've started 4 in just the last week or two and that doesn't count the ones I've finished in that time {g} The ruffled blanket is nice - is the pattern on-line?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 15, 2005 9:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home