Runs With Needles: Nourishment for the soul

Runs With Needles

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Nourishment for the soul

Have you ever noticed that you don't realize how much you miss someone until you see them?

As I mentioned earlier this week, my best friend was here this weekend. I have not seen J since June of 2003. I knew that I missed her, but didn't realize just how much I missed her until I spotted her in the airport. Even though I've lived in Colorado for eight years, it was just so wonderful to have a piece of 'home' here; someone who knew me 'back when'. And in 25 years of friendship, there have been a lot of 'back whens'! We do try to forget some of them, (the 80's mall hair and pinstriped jeans come to mind), but for the most part, my history with J is full of laughter.

J found out on Friday that she is having a boy. So, of course, we had to go shopping! We found several adorable outfits and some nursery items. We went out to eat and we talked. And talked. And talked. :)

Knitting content to return with the next post. Hopefully tomorrow night.

1 comment(s):

OK, so haoy many baby blankets will she get?

I'm glad you got to see your friend again and that you had a great time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 10, 2005 8:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home