Runs With Needles: Late night blogging

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Late night blogging

Okay, so it's not that late and I am a night owl (my favorite time of day is from midnight - 2am). However, I get up at 5am for work, so anything past 10pm on a week night is past my bedtime.

I was tagged by Pioggia .

Pick five and fill in the blank:

If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an inn-keeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be an astronaut…
If I could be a world famous blogger…
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…
If I could be married to any current famous political figure…

Now choose three more people to tag.



If I could be a scientist…
I would be very, very happy. I have a degree in Wildlife Biology, yet I have an office job in a totally unrelated field. Yup. I sold out. Truth be told, this is one of the few disappointments in my life. However, once I'm back on my feet again, I intend to get back into the biology field. Whether it's a full time job or volunteer work, I will once again feed the science part of my brain and my soul.

If I could be a farmer… I would probably be a rancher. Hey, that's a cow farmer, right? I actually live amongst many cattle ranches and find it very peaceful. I love getting up in the morning to see the cattle grazing in the pasture across the street from my house. During calving season, I like to step outside and hear the mama cows bellowing. And, I'll be honest: I love a good steak and fresh steak is the best.

If I could be an inn-keeper… I would own an old lodge up in the mountains on a lot of land. The land would be used for snowshoeing, sledding and cross country skiing. When my guests came in from playing in the cold I would have hot cider and fresh cookies waiting for them. Then I'd serve a hearty dinner. Something like a beef roast or a roasted turkey with all the trimmings.

If I could be a librarian… I would be fired for reading books all day and not doing my job. :)

If I could be a gardener… I would fill my property with native grasses and flowers. I would also know how to get rid of that prickly crap that grows around my house. It pokes through my shoes and gets stuck in my foot!

Now, I'm going to tag The Fearless Knitter, Amanda and Jen.

Jesse cracked me up with his comment about my lack of a preference for UofM/MSU: "I hear ya on the whole U of M and MSU thing. I personally could care less about sports. If I had to choose, I'd say UM only because they have a better color scheme!"

Yay! A kindred spirit! I don't like sports, either. Well, I like participating in them, but detest watching them on TV. I have a particularly strong dislike for football. (Yup, that comment will get me run out of Colorado, I'm sure.) When I was growing up I always told myself that I wouldn't marry a man who was into watching sports. Do you know how hard it is to find one of those? Well, I found one. Unfortunately, he was the wrong one, so I'm back to saying I won't marry/date a guy with a sports obsession.

In knitting news...... my Warm The World stash is still calling to me, pleading with me to knit some of it. I almost succumbed to its siren song, but I managed to resist. I've knitted a few more rows on my shawl. If I was wearing it out and about, it would be big enough. However, I want to be able to wrap it around me while knitting or reading, so want it to be very big and cozy.

There won't be much blogging or knitting this weekend. As I mentioned before, J is coming to town, so there will be a lot of laughing and talking. No drinking, though, since J is incubating my niece/nephew. J and I have a 10+ year tradition of doing our laughing and talking over one a couple many margaritas, but I will gladly break that traditon to celebrate her impending motherhood.

P.S. While spell checking this post, 'late night blogging' was picked up as an error. The first suggested correction was 'late night flogging'. That's a whole other post, I think. :)

3 comment(s):

Don't get me started on college sports! Why can't the professional teams run their own training camps and quit relying on taxpayers to subsidize their players? My eldest went to MSU for a couple years and while the coach was bragging that he had more money than he could spend, I was paying through the nose for her to have classes with TAs who couldn't speak English or classes on video tape. {grrrrr} She came back to Oakland University and graduated with honors after almost flunking out of MSU. I'm an OU alumni and it's a good school - I just hope that they don't get ga-ga over sports after the recent basketball successes. Back in the 60s, the school promised no sports, no fraternities, and no nothing other than academics. I wish they'd stuck to that promise.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 07, 2005 7:47 PM  

Those are interesting answers. I'm afraid to confess I'd never visit your inn, I gravitate towards sunny spots when on vacation. Don't feel bad for having a biology degree stuck with an office job. It happens to many of us. Right now I have an in-between job. It's not extremely scientific but at least I'm not in an office. I hope someday you find something that pays you well and that you enjoy a lot.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 08, 2005 3:57 PM  

Caught the tag!! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 08, 2005 7:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home