Runs With Needles: Whole lotta knitting going on

Runs With Needles

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Whole lotta knitting going on

Finally, I have time to blog again. I hate it when life gets in the way of important things!

Winter has returned to my corner of Colorado. Yesterday I woke up to snow and about half an inch of ice. Tonight it looks very wintery out there. No snow (yet), but very gloomy.

I've had some great comments on my timed scarf and I have an answer! It took me about two and a half weeknights worth of knitting. (On weeknights my knitting window is approximately 7:30-11pm.) Here's the progress pics, from my lightbulb moment to when the finishing touches were completed.














What: Timed Scarf
Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand Homespun in the color Tudor
Needles: Size 17 straight
Lesson Learned: Took about 2.5 weeknights of knitting to complete.

Here is the picture of the Good and Plenty shawl that I neglected to share earlier this week:


Cathi asked if it was Homespun. Yes, it is! I'm using the colors Boston Rose and Edwardian.

This morning I met with Nan at Warm The World. What a wonderful woman! So friendly and helpful. I gave her this:

and she gave me this:


Hee!! What fun! I'm going to have a blast putting all these colors together. I can't wait to get started. And now I have two yarn stashes. My personal stash and the Warm The World stash.

Look what I found in my yarn stash:


It's the Harlot's book! Very funny stuff. I recommend it to everyone and I'm only a few pages into it.

The wonderfully talented Kitt has created a crafting board. If you're interested, click here or on my sidebar button. It's a wonderful group of crafty people!

7 comment(s):

This is the best book I have seen so far. that is where I got my famous quote "SABLE -- Stash Acquistion Beyond Life Expectancy" Love it! BTW awesome work on the scarf.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 30, 2005 9:02 PM  

Kathy, I'm making the Mariposa tank with the Lion Brand Microspun(from knitty.com). I had it in my stash for a while to do another tank, but this one appeals to me right now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 9:29 AM  

Hi Kathy!

Does Warm the World still need volunteers? What a great program I would definately like to help out.

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 2:34 PM  

That's a good way of showing your progress, with that series of pictures. My, you're fast. You got some nice colors from the Warm the World program, what will you do with them?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 3:46 PM  

I have stash envy!!!

And your timed scar pics are too funny. Of course it's pretty, but also ... funny! Time-lapse scarf pics! Brilliant :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 9:29 PM  

Um, obviously, I meant to say "scarF" not "scar" ... because that would be ridiculous. Argh.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2005 9:30 PM  

Stumbled in through Mile High Knit blogs...and had to say hi to a fellow ex-Michigander. Traverse City though... almost, but not quite, a Yooper. The burning question, Spartans or Wolverines?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2005 4:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home