Runs With Needles: Is it the weekend yet?

Runs With Needles

Monday, May 02, 2005

Is it the weekend yet?

I have decided that I can't start any Warm The World projects until I finish my Good and Plenty shawl. Current progress:



I think the end is in sight!

Pioggia asked what I'm going to make with the Warm The World yarn. They need blankets (baby, child and for seniors) and scarves (for next winter's giveaway), so that's what I'll be knitting. And what do you know? Those are my two favorite things to knit!

If you're a dog lover like me, make sure you read this hilarious post by Dooce. I've 'been there, done that' with my dogs and couldn't stop laughing when I read about her experience.

CynCyn stopped by today. She's also a transplanted Michigander and asked me that all important question: "Spartans or Wolverines?" Well, I fear my answer will result in me being prohibited from ever stepping foot in my home state again.

:: looking around::

:: whispering ::

I don't have a preference.

I'll wait for you to get up off the floor.

Yes, it's true. I don't care who wins a battle of those two teams. Shocking, I know.

For the non-Michiganders out there: The battle between MSU and U of M is legendary. When the two teams play each other it's been known to cause fights in families. It's not pretty.

But, I've never preferred one over the other. I attended a different university and had friends at both schools. I wonder if my admission will cause CynCyn to put me on a banned blog list. :)

The title of today's post ("Is it the weekend yet?") is indicitive of some fantastic news I received today. My best friend, J, will be here, at my house, on Saturday!!!!! She has a business conference in Denver next week and is flying in early to spend the weekend with me. Yay! I have not seen her since her wedding in June of 2003. She's the person I made the Baby Clouds baby blanket for. And, to add even more excitement, she's (hopefully) finding out the sex of her baby on Friday. Let's hope the little one cooperates and shows us his stuff/her lack of stuff! Then I can start on a gender specific blanket for her.

2 comment(s):

Yeah, I've seen you finish quite a lot of those. There's nothing better than knitting your favorite things.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2005 8:30 PM  

I hear ya on the whole U of M and MSU thing. I personally could care less about sports. If I had to choose, I'd say UM only because they have a better color scheme!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 04, 2005 8:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home