Runs With Needles: Slow and steady wins the race.

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm slowing down my knitting. Obviously, I need to, since I've been frogging much more than I've been knitting.

I've been working on Zee Red Scarf and am making nice progress on that. I also took the two shades of pink yarn and am creating a blanket out of them. This blanket will have random stripes, since the horrible frogging accident caused many different lengths of yarn. :) I'm afraid I can't share pictures until next time. My camera batteries are charging and I don't have back ups.

I'd like to thank KnitNana and Rabbitch for making room for me at the frog pond. KnitNana is even sharing her lily pad and giving me cookies! (What did you give me, Rabbitch? :) )

Pioggia and Brandie both suggested chocolate to ease my frogging pains. Would you believe I don't have any chocolate in the house? Yee gads! What kind of woman am I? I'm sure the Chocolate Police will be arriving any second now to take away my second x chromosome!

Speaking of Brandie, this is her first visit to Runs With Needles. Thanks for stopping by!!

It looks like KnitNana and I need to make room on the lily pad for Happy. She's run into a problem that I frequently have: making a mistake at the beginning of a project, but not catching it until much later. Hang in there, Happy! (Oh, and have one of KnitNana's cookies.)

Leah also stopped by with puppy stories! (My favorite kind of story....besides the one where I win the lottery and become a knitting maniac.)

And yes, I'm now moving into dog talk, for you non-dog lovers. (Are there such people? I can't believe that there is.)

Anyway, Leah's dog also loves fetch, but he perfers tennis balls to frisbees. Samantha loves tennis balls too, but she goes through them too quickly. Her jaws are so strong that just some simple chewing on a tennis ball breaks it in half. So, she gets frisbees. For some reason, she doesn't destroy them as quickly.

Leah also mentioned her dog's command of the English language. I know the feeling. I can't say the following words in my house: car, truck, go, ride, walk, play, fetch, out, treat, bone. Samantha has even caught on to the spelling of "car". I now use 'automobile', but I'm sure she'll learn this word, too!

Rabbitch also mentioned the horizon shot in a picture I posted last time. I know what she means! When I first moved to the plains, I had the same sensation (of falling off the end of the world), but now I love, love, love it! I love the plains more than I ever thought I would. And the best part is that when I look to the west, I can see Pikes Peak and the entire Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.

Here are some more shots of Pikes Peak .

I'm so lucky to live where I do. I hope I never take it for granted.

2 comment(s):

Here's a cup of chocolate coffee to aid in relieving the anxiety of frogging!
I've been on that lilypad many many times and in fact, if you look closely you'll see my initials (KK) carved in the upper right corner, the one facing south-southeast!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 24, 2005 8:10 PM  

Me? Hmm, well I could give you some green cotton ...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 25, 2005 2:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home