Runs With Needles: Reality bites.

Runs With Needles

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Reality bites.

I've been a horrible blogger and knitter this week. I haven't done either since my last post. Don't you hate it when the responsibilites of life get in the way of the cool stuff?

On the up side of things, I think I'm the last person to discover the wonder that is Freecycle. Ever since my life imploded last fall, I have been getting rid of a lot of my 'stuff'. You know, that stuff you bought because you had to have it and now you don't really want it, but it just sits around. I'm a packrat, so I had a lot of stuff! I've sold a lot of it on eBay, but now that it's getting down to the nitty gritty, I'm posting it on Freecycle. I only want to have material things that are absolutely necessary (like yarn!) or that mean something to me (like the china that's been handed down through my family). It's been a tough road for me, but I feel more 'free'. (Am I making any sense or am I in a caffeine induced delerium?)

I'm also hoping to move into a different house this fall, so all of this pairing down will make for an easier move!

During my blog absence, I've had visitors! Thanks for stopping by!

Sue, Leah, KnitNana, Pioggia, ttbookjunkie and Happy all reassured me about Zee Red Scarf. Thank you, ladies!

Happy also asked for the recipe for the "lemon-lime-garlic-horseradish chicken" that I spoke about last time. This is actually a recipe I made up one evening when I bored with my usual chicken recipe. If I may say so, I made up a good recipe!

Lemon-Lime-Garlic-Horseradish Chicken
  • Place boneless, skinless chicken breast in bottom of shallow baking dish (I usually cook two servings at a time.)
  • Pour over one cup of lemon juice.
  • Pour over one half cup of lime juice.
  • Sprinkle breasts with paprika.
  • Spread small amount of minced garlic over each chicken breast. (I use the garlic that comes in a jar.)
  • Coat entire breast with horseradish.
  • Bake until done. I bake mine for about 30 minutes at 450 degrees. However, keep in mind that I live at 6500 feet and that affects baking.
That's it! It's very yummy and smells great, too. :)

I am very happy that tomorrow is Friday. I don't have any committments this weekend, so am hoping to spend a lot of time knitting!

6 comment(s):

Good for you! Getting rid of meaningless things! Our lives should have meaning which include the things that surround us and provide us with comfort.
Hugs,
Kitt

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 17, 2005 11:00 PM  

I just learned about freecycle too! I did a search and there are hundreds of the buggers. I really really need to get rid of some stuff. Have you been happy with your experiences?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2005 6:19 AM  

Hi there! I just came across your blog ... welcome to the mile hi ring! Take care -- Jenifer

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2005 2:54 PM  

I have been a part of the Nevada City-Grass Valley freecyclers for a few months and it is a great idea. Even found a man that wants my packaging materials from online purchases so he can ship off what he is selling on Ebay. I agree about having too much stuff, and keep reminding myself about William Morris' famous quote about the things that we bring into our lives being either beautiful or useful (preferably both!).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 18, 2005 10:41 PM  

Someone on one of my lists mentioned Freecycling but I had no idea what it was until I followed your link. Imagine my surprise when I found that my little section of the world has a small group! I usually give all my excess stuff to the church rummage sales.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 20, 2005 9:29 AM  

Thanks for the chicken recipe!
Happy Knitting

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 20, 2005 4:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home