Runs With Needles: Is it Friday yet?

Runs With Needles

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Is it Friday yet?

I seem to have gained a new level of efficiency in my life lately. I used to work 40 hours a week and struggle to keep my house clean. Lately, I've been working 50 hours a week, knitting almost as much as I'd like, reading a good amount, keeping the house spotless and finding time to play with the dogs. How on earth did I do this? I have no clue, but I'm not complaining! I'm just enjoying the ride. Life is good. :)

Speaking of knitting, I think my projects miss me while I'm away. Here's my knitting bag, sitting in the front window:



Looks lonely, doesn't it?

A couple of nights ago my purple blanket had a horrible accident. I was engrossed in The Amazing Race and about 15 stitches jumped off the needle. :( I had to frog about 10 rows in order to pick them all up again. The blanket now looks like this:



I'm a bit bummed out about this project now. The feeling will pass and until it does, I've been concentrating on Zee Red Scarf:



I'm pleased to report that my purling is now almost as fast as my knitting. Yay!!!! I really like this scarf. However, there's one problem. Look what I did:



See those crisscrossed stitches? How on earth did I do that? And how the heck do I fix it?!?!?

I came up with a blanket pattern today for the 3 skeins of yarn I bought last month:



I don't know when it will go on the needles. I need to fix my scarf first.

I had several visitors lately! Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all the comments.

Thank you, Kitt, for the purl encouragement. My purl stitches have gotten a tiny bit tighter. I guess it will just take time. And thank you for the puppy compliment. I'm a very neurotic proud dog mommy. :)

Rabbitch also complimented the furry monsters (thank you) and cracked me up with her comment about what some knitters manage to accomplish before breakfast.

Leah is also a new purler (Is 'purler' a word, or is it just in the Kathy dictionary?) who's having the same tension problems that I am. Keep practicing, Leah, we can do this! Leah likes the red scarf (thank you) and asked about my Knitting For Dummies book. I don't know how the Dummies book compares to the Idiots book. I've never looked at the Idiots book because I buy Dummies books on just about every subject out there. :) Leah is also a Little House on the Prairie fan. That makes her very cool in my book.

Thank you to Pioggia for the welcome back and for the encouragement in venturing away from the garter stitch.

Jane and Birdsong both made very kind comments on my Chris LeDoux post yesterday. Thank you. I'm glad to know I'm not totally off my rocker in terms of being sad at the death of someone I never met.

What would a long blog post be without showing off the puppies?

I took a pic of Kishka tonight and when I uploaded it I discovered that she was sticking out her tongue at me!



The nerve of that dog! She's been docked five Milkbones!

(Yeah, right, I'm wrapped around her furry paw and she knows it.)

The girls look quite possessed in this picture, don't you think?



And, finally, while I was knitting, the girls were having a Nylabone chewing party!




Tomorrow is Friday. For that, I am very grateful. Saturday is supposed to be near 70 and sunny and I plan to spend some time outside, soaking up the sun.

2 comment(s):

Woo Hoo! I've been trying to post a comment ALL morning and the dumb blogger said it couldn't find you!

Anyway, I know how to fix your twists! "How?" you may ask... because I've done it!

Okay, what happened was you forgot to bring your yarn to the back of your project before switching from purl to knit. Unfortunately, the only way I know to correct it is to frog it :
BTW, I really like your knitting bag too :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2005 8:18 AM  

More puppy pictures! I love it!!!
And yes, your knitting projects and bag ache for your company while you're gone...they're sitting there pineing over your absence :( Maybe they should go with you to work, just to keep you company?
Hugs,
Kitt

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 11, 2005 7:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home