Runs With Needles: Curse of the red yarn

Runs With Needles

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Curse of the red yarn

The red yarn is cursed. Of this, I am certain.

This afternoon I cast on for another ribbed red scarf. I messed up in the first five rows and had to frog (again). I cast on (again!) for (yet) another red scarf. I couldn't keep my counting straight and messed up the ribbing. (Counting to four...who knew it could be so hard?).

At this point, I gave up on ribbing and decided to try a drop stitch pattern. I cast on and screwed that up around row 15. I set the needles down before I gouged out my eyeballs and walked away.

Why can't I knit tonight? I'm so frustrated. This has never happened to me. Ack!

I think I'll frog the red scarf (AGAIN!!!) and start on something totally different tomorrow. Obviously, the red yarn and I were not meant to be friends.

On a totally different topic, I'm transfixed by this website. I find it absolutely fascinating.

No snow flying here yet, but it's gotten cold. It was 70 today and it's now 28. My electric blanket is on and warming my bed right now. :) I'm giving up on knitting for tonight and heading to dreamland.


7 comment(s):

Wow, Kathy. Thanks for the link to that website. It's very interesting and intense. What an amazing concept!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2005 5:37 AM  

As far as knitting... you'll get it... just be patient. You're doing GREAT.
as far as postsecrets-- holy cow. I feel like I need to look at life differently. Maybe it's so amazing because we know we all have secrets we'd like to get off our chest!
Melanie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2005 8:13 AM  

I loved that link! Makes ya think and not about knitting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2005 8:16 AM  

Wow! Thanks so much for the link! That site is just amazing!

Kim

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2005 10:18 AM  

Wow! Thanks so much for the link! That site is just amazing!

Kim

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2005 10:19 AM  

I think I sat and read over that website for over an hour this weekend... how intriguing!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 14, 2005 8:33 AM  

thanks for the link to that website, it seems interesting so far. I might be there for awhile!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 17, 2005 7:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home