Runs With Needles: A voice that will be missed.

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A voice that will be missed.

My favorite singer, Chris LeDoux, died today. This makes me sad.

I'm not a person who follows 'celebrities' and lives for their every move. I couldn't care less about their personal lives. That's why I'm so surprised at how sad I am about the loss of Chris LeDoux.

Chris LeDoux's music spoke to me. My favorite song in the world is one of his: Western Skies. Whenever anyone asks me why I live where I do (in the middle of nowhere), I point them to this song.

I think I'll spend this evening knitting and listening to my many Chris LeDoux albums. A fitting tribute, I think.

The regular blog will resume tomorrow.

2 comment(s):

I felt the same way ten years (or more)ago when Jerry Garcia passed away. He was my all time favorite musician and singer. His music spoke to me in a way that no other artist ever has.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 09, 2005 9:41 PM  

Yup, I hope he does end up buried under western skies... I agree about being able to relate to the music.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 10, 2005 3:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home