Runs With Needles: Zee Red Scarf, version 2.1

Runs With Needles

Monday, March 14, 2005

Zee Red Scarf, version 2.1

The red yarn did not defeat me!



And a close up....



After I took these pictures, though, I realized something. This is a bit wide for a scarf, no?

It will have to do, though. I refuse to frog this dang scarf again!

When I was at the store the other day I picked up my first knitting magazine!

There's a blanket in here that I want to make. I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to do it, but I may try!

Some of the knitting chicks were discussing which knitting books they like. (I think it was the chicks, if not, then I don't remember which group it was!) Besides my two most recent purchases (see entry below), I also own these two books:



I bought the "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting" booklet when I was first teaching myself how to knit again. It's excellent for a first knitting book.

The "Encyclopedia of Knitting" book is beyond awesome. (Awesome? Jeez, can you tell I grew up in the 80's? :) ) I received this book as a gift. Last fall I was going through a divorce and during this already horrible time, my beloved cat died. I went to my mailbox one day and there was a huge box from my best friend, J. Inside was a bunch of yarn and this book. :) It was the perfect present and arrived at just the right time. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful friend in my life.

In blog news, did you see what's new on my sidebar? I have BUTTONS!!!!! The always helpful and very kind Kitt made them for me. Thank you, Kitt!!

The link I posted in my last entry drew quite a response. Kitt, Sue, Mel, Kristen, elvewhimsies, and Leah all commented on their visit to the site. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a morbid fascination!

The lovely spring weather we were having has given way to this:


On nights such as this, I enjoy spending time in front of my fireplace.



Okay, so it's not a fireplace, but it's the closest thing that I've got!

Disclaimer about the above pic: I change into sweats and pink fuzzy slippers after work. I live alone. I can get away with it. :)

For dinner tonight I made my lemon-lime-garlic-horseradish chicken!


Max thinks it looks yummy!



(Max did not get any chicken, btw.)

And now for some shameless critter pics:

I love the expression on Max's face here. It's just too bad he's standing by the garbage can and Samantha's butt!



Here's the gruesome twosome:


Here's Romeo, looking quite irritated that I woke him up!


I really like this picture of Parker in the shadows.



Happy knitting!!

7 comment(s):

The red scarf is looking really good! I like the drop stitch pattern. And wide isn't bad on a scarf. Makes it warmer!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2005 5:54 AM  

This is my favorite version of zee red scarf yet! I like it wide too :)

I just bought my first knitting magazine this weekend too! How funny, I don't remember what one it was, I just remember deciding that I needed to know how they made the thing on the cover look the way they did. (how vague can I get, eh?)

I'm orginially from Denver (Westminster) and my parents are still out there... I called Dad yesterday to laugh at him because of the snow... because he called me last week to laugh because y'all had 70 degree weather :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2005 6:19 AM  

This is my favorite version of zee red scarf yet! I like it wide too :)

I just bought my first knitting magazine this weekend too! How funny, I don't remember what one it was, I just remember deciding that I needed to know how they made the thing on the cover look the way they did. (how vague can I get, eh?)

I'm orginially from Denver (Westminster) and my parents are still out there... I called Dad yesterday to laugh at him because of the snow... because he called me last week to laugh because y'all had 70 degree weather :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2005 6:19 AM  

Love Zee Red Scarf! And your furbabies!!!! (They're my favorite!)
((hugs))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2005 6:35 AM  

Wide scarves are better than narrow ones. I think you're doing a great job, espacially considering how stubborn this yarn was.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2005 3:36 PM  

I agree your scarf looks great and wide is good because now it can double as a shoulder shawl and scarf.

Amanda

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 16, 2005 12:37 PM  

Great buttons! Kitt is so great! Great pics of your babies, they are adorable. Oh, about the sweats and fuzzies, I didn't work yesterday so me and ds never got out of our jammies all day (nope, no makeup either).

"lemon-lime-garlic-horseradish chicken" sounds great....where's the recipe? Don't hold out!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 17, 2005 7:26 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home