Runs With Needles: I'm really tired of hanging out at the frog pond.

Runs With Needles

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I'm really tired of hanging out at the frog pond.

I did not get to knit all week, but late last night, I finally got the chance! I stayed up late knitting last night and then knit for most of this afternoon.

I worked a little bit on Zee Red Scarf:



However, I had some pink yarn in my stash that was calling to me, so I decided to whip up a two tone pink scarf. I was using size 17 (yes, 17!) needles, so the scarf knit up very quickly. In fact, after just a few hours, I had this:



Just after taking this picture, I bound off.

This is where something went horribly, horribly wrong:



Somehow, I dropped a crapload of stitches when I was binding off. So, I frogged back. Then I dropped more stitches and frogged back again. Finally, I got so frustrated that I ended up with this:



:: big sigh ::

My mother was right: haste makes waste. I was trying to get this scarf finished before dinner and look what happened. Let this be a lesson to me!

So, let's sum things up.......I didn't get to knit all week and when I finally did, I messed up the bind off and ended up with nothing. It's a good thing that it's the journey of knitting I love and not the end result! :-)

I did watch a movie this afternoon: Open Range. I fully expected to like this movie. I enjoy all of the actors, I enjoy this type of movie, but guess what? I was bored out of my mind. The story just moved so slowly and the movie never really interested me.

I also watched a Little House DVD today, so all was not lost. :)

Sue, Rebecca, Happy and Kristen all stopped by the blog. I'm glad I could point Sue to the Freecycle link and I hope Kristen likes the chicken! Rebecca runs the Say No To Ponchos webring that I just joined. The webring is just in good fun, so if you do wear ponchos, don't worry. I won't boot you from reading my blog. :) I just believe that if I wore a poncho the first time they were in style, I'm too old to wear them this time!

I was camera happy today, so if you don't enjoy puppy pictures, you'd better stop reading now.

Out of my three dogs, Samantha is the only one who likes to play fetch. And Sam loves to fetch!








Kishka enjoyed just running around in the fresh air:



Then she enjoyed a nap on the couch:


Mr. Max came inside and found the sunbeam on the couch:


Tomorrow it's back to work. I'm hoping to have time to knit before next weekend. I may give Zee Red Scarf another go around tonight, but part of me is afraid to knit after the pink scarf incident!

Until next time, stay out of the frog pond!

6 comment(s):

It's okay, sweetie, come sit by me on my lily pad...here, have a cookie. Now, all together, "rippit."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 20, 2005 8:56 PM  

May I suggest some chocolate? It's the best you can do for yourself when ripping.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 21, 2005 4:31 PM  

My Garth puppy loves to play fetch too. Actually, we can't even say the words "go" or "ball" around the house because then he expects that he'll get to go play ball. We tried the frisbee thing, but he likes good ol' tennis balls.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 22, 2005 8:12 AM  

I can't see the pics since I'm at work and I think the site for the pics is blocked by our firewall. At any rate, sorry about the frogging issue. I hate it when that happens!! I picked up a scarf I was making a few weeks back and realized that there's a big ole bump out the side about 3 rows down. This wouldn't be so bad, but it's the LB boulce yarn and it is just too tedious to try to back out the stitches. Argh! I believe I'll be heading to 'ye ole frog pond' tonight. Oh well, I wanted it a bit thinner anyway, so what the heck.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 22, 2005 11:52 AM  

Sorry about the scarf! Yikes! I think I would need lots of chocolate after something like that!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 22, 2005 3:15 PM  

As a frequent denizen of the frog pond, all I can say is "welcome".

I love your dogs but that picture of the horizon freaked me sideways. I have always lived in or near mountains. Whenever I see a flat horizon I want to fling myself to the ground and hold on in case I fall off. I may be slightly agoraphobic, no?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 23, 2005 2:10 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home