Runs With Needles: Finally, relief.

Runs With Needles

Monday, July 31, 2006

Finally, relief.

A storm rolled in earlier this evening. It's now 57 degrees. It feels so wonderful. Especially since my thermometer looked like this yesterday:

July 30, 2006


Just before the storm rolled in the sunset looked like this:

Sunset


And when the storm started (it was LOUD), I was suddenly very popular:

Three Stooges


The blankets are coming along nicely:

Log Cabin #2

Log Cabin


At work today, my boss gave me this for a job well done:

money!

Hmmmm....I wonder what I'm going to buy......

Any guesses? (Blogless MJ - You may not guess!)

9 comment(s):

you're going to buy some hand-dyed wool/alpaca blend yarn on saturday... or some hand-dyed laceweight alpaca... or some hand-dyed sock yarn. OF COURSE.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2006 8:43 AM  

Nah... she's going to buy her some of KnitPicks interchangeables.

I'm seriously considering it too. I know I want some size 5's because I'm not loving using the Denises in that size, especially with the particular yarn I'm using... but if I'm going to buy some, shouldn't I just buy a whole set so that I can get the discount that comes from doing so (I think it basically makes the case free, and it is a pretty nice case).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2006 9:22 AM  

57 degrees! Can you send some cool air up my way. Enjoy spending your bonus!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2006 2:16 PM  

Ahhhh ... 57°F sounds loverly. It has been really hot in these parts as of late too. I'd love a storm. I lurve your dogs, by the way. We almost bought a German Shepherd puppy in March. We would have bought him too had we not already spent $800 that day on a kayak. *sigh* Oh well. It wasn't meant to be I guess.

Will you buy yarn? Ha!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2006 6:51 PM  

Does one really have to guess? Yarn, of course!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2006 2:01 PM  

KPO Needles! For the Simply Soft blanket, did you plan the colors or are you doing two sets of random numbers (one for the brights and one for the subdueds)?

The problem I'm having with the cool down/rainstorms is that I'm always having to drive in them!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 03, 2006 9:25 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2006 10:05 AM  

Obviously---the new Options needles from KnitPicks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2006 10:06 AM  

2 blankets at a time???? You are a maniac!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 04, 2006 6:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home