Runs With Needles: Socks!!

Runs With Needles

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Socks!!

Presenting....my first pair of socks!!

First pair of socks

First pair of socks

What: My first pair of socks!
Yarn: Crazy Monkey yarn, in the color “Tiptoe through the Tulips”.
Needles: 2
Pattern: None. It’s just a basic sock with an afterthought heel.
Lesson Learned: Lots. There are many, many mistakes design features in these socks.
Destination: Moi!

Look at how much yarn I have left over!

First pair of socks with leftover yarn

I knit the first sock on 56 stitches and did the heel over half the stitches. The result was a sock that was a bit too tight, with a heel that was a bit too small.

For the second sock, I knit on 60 stitches and did the heel on 34 stitches. The result was a sock that was a bit too loose and the heel was definitely too big.

So, for my next sock, I think I’ll do 58 stitches and the heel on half the stitches. Stay tuned for results.

Last Saturday, Kishka spent the day with me, running errands and going to knit group. The dog was pooped when we got home!

Kishka

Kishka

She didn't even open her eyes to scratch an itch:

Kishka

6 comment(s):

Your socks came out great, very Springy colors. Maverick says hello to your fur pack.

Amanda :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2006 1:25 PM  

They look great - congrats on your first pair!

I remember when I finished my first pair. They had a lot of design features, too, and I felt so satisfied.

Kishka is crazycute.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2006 1:34 PM  

And of course, to kick my knitting ennui, I've got socks on the needles, too. Of course, my yarn's not quite as cute, as I'm using Lorna's Laces (Shepherd Sock in Shadow), and not monkey yarn. And I worked a short-row toe sock from the toe up.

This made so much more sense after I had screwed up a couple times with plain colored yarn.

I *will* be at knit group next week, come hell or high water. Or snow. Or fog. Or whatever else gets thrown our way next week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2006 3:08 PM  

Your socks looks great! But I enjoyed the Kishka pictures the most.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 26, 2006 4:30 PM  

Your socks came out great! I love the bright, happy colors!

Kishka is so adorable too!

Ruinwen
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 3:44 AM  

Socks AND Kishka.... beautishus!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 9:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home