Runs With Needles: Completely....utterly.....obsessed.

Runs With Needles

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Completely....utterly.....obsessed.

sock


I'm hoping to have this finished down to the toes by the weekend. Blogless MJ is going to give me (another) lesson in afterthought heels on Saturday. She showed me how to do the first one, but then the one I did on my own looked like total crap. I understand how to do it, but my hands just don't move the needles the right way. I'm sure another lesson under Blogless MJ's watchful eye will show me the error of my ways.

3 comment(s):

which heel? there are a bunch of aftrerthought heels... try picking up 1-2 stitches in the 'corners' of your heel, and k2tog'ing them away before you start your real heel pattern.

I'm using short-row heels and toes (toe-up). I finished my b/w pair, and am starting benny's orange socks with yellow toes & heels. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 29, 2006 5:58 AM  

Yay for addictive sock knitting. And if you don't have it yet, the best book with techniques for all kinds of heels and toes and toe up and top down methods, plus more patterns than you could knit in your lifetime is Charlotte Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. Well worth investing in.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 29, 2006 9:54 AM  

I'm finishing up a sock today with my own (much) altered version of MJ's Fudge It Heels and Toes. I just need to Kitchener the toe shut (drawing the yarn through a bunch of stitches just didn't work for me), and decide if I'm going to redo the Kitchenering on the heel (I think I had one stitch from the end of each needle on the wrong needle, so it came out a little angled. I'd be happy to show you or describe to you what I did differently, if you want.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 29, 2006 10:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home