Runs With Needles: A crime. And a sock takes shape.

Runs With Needles

Monday, March 27, 2006

A crime. And a sock takes shape.

I arrived home from work tonight to find a crime scene:

yarn on couch 032706


When I left the house this morning the yarn was in this bag, which was on top of the laptop:

scene of crime 032706


I had my usual suspects, but quickly zeroed in on just one:

Kishka wants the treat

Kishka was put on trial based on the following evidence:

1. Samantha and Max eat things that they steal and the skein of yarn was intact.
2. The yarn was soaking wet and Kishka has a history of sucking on yarn.

The verdict?

Guilty of yarn theft and the defacement of said yarn.

The punishment: me wagging my finger in her face and saying "You're damn lucky you didn't hurt Mommy's yarn!"

The yarn is currently drying out. It should be back to new when I'm ready for it.

Here is the current sock progress:

kish and sock 032706


And some action shots of The Three Stooges:

all three 032706


Check out Sam's face in this picture:

all three funny sam 032706

5 comment(s):

I had the same type of incident... except not with yarn in the ball... with my Clapotis, that I needed to finish up by weaving in the ends... and it's not just slobbery, it's got holes, and the only yarn I have left is any extra I can salvage from where I made loops to try to keep it from pooling oddly. I haven't had the heart to try to fix it yet (and this happened just a week or two before the Knitting Olympics started).

Oh, and I discovered the middle pulled out of the center pull ball for that sock I'm working on. DH helped me salvage it, but I had to take it off the yarn bracelet doohicky in order to do so. At least THAT wasn't ruined, but... it had been on my computer desk, and not with bits hanging off of it, either.

Dogs can be so sneaky!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 11:29 PM  

Your sock is coming along quite nicely and the dogs are cute.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2006 7:55 AM  

The criminal really doesn't look at all sorry :) Great dog pics ... and wonderful work on the socks. Aren't they addictive?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2006 9:37 AM  

She looks veeeeerrry sorry, too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2006 12:33 PM  

Hey, don't be mad at her. She was only trying to tell you that she also wanted some handknitted socks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 28, 2006 8:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home