Runs With Needles: Bag lady

Runs With Needles

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bag lady

My obsession with felted bags continues and it's all Christy's fault.

Christy showed up at knit group on Saturday with a bunch of her hand-dyed yarn.

I resisted the siren call of the yarn.

For a couple of hours.

And then, I came home with this:

Crazy Monkey Yarn

Isn't it gorgeous?

The bag is in the floppy stage, but here's a shot of it:

Felted bag


And a close up:

Felted bag close up

I love how it's striping. I can't wait to see what this bag looks like when it's finished.

Thank you to everyone who's contacted me about donating needles (and yarn!) to Warm The World.

I've had a couple of comments from people that they only have one extra set of needles, and don't feel like they can participate. That's not true! Each and every set of needles will help Warm The World. If you only have one set to donate, that's fine. This isn't a contest. :)

To refresh your memory, details of the needle drive are here.

8 comment(s):

You're knitting this bag for me, aren't ya? Those are some of my favorite colors!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2005 1:49 AM  

Love those bag colors!!!!!! I consider myself kinda lucky that I haven't met Christy yet LOL... I mean that in a good way tho :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2005 6:50 AM  

I'll go home and look tonight... I know I have extra 10.5 straights and 11 circs, but I may have more than that. I'll let you know :)

LURVE the new yarn!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2005 7:27 AM  

I'd be felting bags too if I had such a lovely yarn within my reach!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 27, 2005 8:41 PM  

Sure you don't want to auction this one off for your favorite charity? :) Those are my favorite colors, too. I love the "science" of watching something felt up in the washer... and the wet wool smell, especially since it doesn't mean I am drenched out in the rain, LOL.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 28, 2005 12:44 PM  

That yarn is sooooooo divine!!! And I bet it will make a GORGEOUS felted bag when done too!

I have a felted bag pattern if you are interested. Its a good one for beginners but you can put all sorts of colours in it.

Katt

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 29, 2005 1:03 AM  

Ok...ok...tell me where to send the needles. ;)

ps- indeed we are both on a felted bag run.... strange how that works!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2005 8:31 AM  

Okay. I give in. You've done it too me. By sheer osmosis of sitting next to you at knit group yesterday, the felted bag bug has bit me.

I do believe I am going to do Spork, and I'm working on a simple bag right now.

Sheesh. I'm so easily led astray. Then again, I wanted to go down that pathway!

I hope you get plenty more needles, and can use the few I had for you. I'm checking through another part of my stash, to see if I have any more to donate!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2005 4:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home