Runs With Needles: Sock it to me Sunday

Runs With Needles

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sock it to me Sunday



My first completed sock!

It's too big, it has ladders and dropped stitches. But it's my first sock and I'm proud. :)

I plan on casting on the mate to this sock today. Unless I get sidetracked by my felted bag.

I've been surfing patterns on the web and haven't found one that I love. So, I'm going to design my own. I was sketching designs last night and even woke up this morning thinking about possibilites. I'm going to felt a swatch of the yarn today to check out the shrinkage. Hopefully by then I'll settle on exactly what kind of bag I want to knit.



Kishka says........

Give a little.

Give a lot.

But just give.



4 comment(s):

Yay!! I'll warn you, socks are addictive. I finished my second pair on Friday and am halfway down the leg of sock number 5 already :)

HAve a great holiday. And enjoy that yummy yarn too.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 04, 2005 10:22 AM  

it's beautiful kathy? remember my first sock? it was an elf sock with sideways toes! ;-) and as far as the ladders... they will disappear after washed. AND... they'll lessen if you pull the 2nd stitch of each dpn tight.

Looks fantastic! :-)
Mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 04, 2005 6:43 PM  

Dayum. If that is your first sock, imagine how beautishus the ones to follow will be!

I should be so lucky that my first sock looked like that. Who am I kidding? I should be so lucky that socks I know now look as great as yours! :)

Are you a sock junkie yet? Eh?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 04, 2005 9:02 PM  

Congratulations on your first sock. I like the colors you chose for your bag a lot. How about an argyle pattern?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 09, 2005 2:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home